Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys. Tomorrow I bring Dungeoneer to the table for its initial play. Just to make sure I have these rules down I have a few quick questions:

1) Discard/Draw Phase: To quote the rules - If you have any card in hand you must discard 1 card (and only 1 card). This can be 1 card from your hand, 1 Treasure card from your inventory or 1 Encounter card from your Pack.

If i start a turn with 5 cards, for example, and play 3 during my dungeonlord phase I still have to discard 1 before refilling my hand to the full 5 - even if I wanted to save both cards for my next dungeonlord phase?

2) Monster Combat: After the first round of combat the monster, if undefeated and wounded, is placed in the Pack. However, under "Special Actions" it states that a hero can challenge a monster after it attacks you. If the monster remains undefeated after that second round of combat, is it possible to continue an engagement on the next round - or is it considered safely protected in the "Pack" of its owner?

3) Monster Combat 2: Under the description for Encounter cards it reads: "...this means that a hero may initiate a challenge against [the monster] after it attacks, if the hero has 1 movement point to pay for that action"

Does the movement point have to be from a previous round to be used?

For example: Eric and Sasha are playing a game. Eric goes first and attacks Sasha in his dungeonlord phase. Sasha, in her previous turn, did not save any movement points. Would Sasha be able to attack the monster in response?

I see the answer being either 1) No or 2) Yes, but not immediately. We would have to wait till Sasha's turn comes around and then spend the movement point.

3a) This opens up one last question regarding this.

If, in the prior example, Sasha can use a stored movement point to immediately attack back, would sasha be able to make a second initiated attack when her turn came around - effectively starting the third round of combat (1st round = Dungeonlord attack, 2nd round = Sasha's stored movement based attack and 3rd = Sasha's choice of spending a fresh movement point when her turn comes around).

???? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I don't have the rules in front of me, so I'll leave someone else to clarify this

2) No, the monsters perform "hit and run" strikes on the heroes, so once the (at most) 2 rounds of combat are over, the monster gets away to the pack, waiting for another opportunity to strike when so ordered by a dungeonlord.

3) The movement must be "saved" from a previous turn to allow the hero to have enough movement to "chase down" the attacking creature.

3a) No, the monster has run away to the safety of the pack by the time her turn comes around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes.

2) The monster is basically considered out of play until the owner decides to play it again. You may not attack it.

3) In your example, Sasha would not be able to challege the undefeated monster after Eric's attack, since she has no movement points saved. On Sasha's turn, the monster is already safely tucked away in the pack and no longer considered in play. She can no longer attack it (until Eric decides to play it on her again). This should also answer your final question (3a).

Sorry to Andrew for re-answering some of the questions, but I already had everything typed up before I noticed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brannan
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:

Sorry to Andrew for re-answering some of the questions, but I already had everything typed up before I noticed.

No apologies necessary. It's good to have confirmation of my own interpretation of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you. Not sure I like the "hit and run" aspect of this, but it all hinges on how plentiful the life is (I've kept myself from looking at too many cards and forgot to even examine the average life points on the few encounters I examined at all).

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.