James Turner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Be aware that according to what I'm seeing, Ninja Division is responsible for the miniatures in this game.

The same Ninja Division that has been reported to the Idaho Attorney General for their flagrant breach of contract in the Super Dungeon Explore: Legends Kickstarter, and the same Ninja Division that has been failing to deliver miniatures for Starfinder and other titles.

I wouldn't go near any game Ninja Division is involved in with a 100-foot pole. They've shown nothing but incompetence, disregard for their backers/investors, and a lack of quality in both the products they've produced and in the way they carry out their business.

I'm happy to play a Men In Black/Ghostbusters crossover game, but not if Ninja Division is involved in the slightest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that it's going straight to retail which would avoid most of the concerns you've pointed out. But thanks, I'll keep that in mind if it does go to KS.

EDIT: Ahhh I didn't remember the Soda Pop ties. That makes more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IDW are solid, and the game isn't going to Kickstarter, so I don't know that I see the problem.

If this turns out to be a KS game, then this will become a concern, but if it just goes to retail, I think we're all plenty safe.

And, on the other hand, I would like to support Panda Cult. And, to be fair, Ninja Division has made some excellent miniatures in the past, so if I've got the box in my hands, I'll gladly pay money for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Schroeder
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe it is straight to retail, but there’s still good reason to not buy if ninja division is involved. They are a truly terrible company and should not be supported. We as consumers need to speak with our wallets. As long as we keep buying ninja division products, they’ll keep jerking us around.

I’m happy to support IDW, but not if they’re partnering with a team like ND.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Turner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the comments page for the Starfinder Miniatures KS campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/325468910/starfinder-ma...

You'll see complaints about poorly produced miniatures with "melted faces" or "irremovable release agent" just within the last 5 days. And of course, the same complaints about ND's lack of transparency and communication as I've been seeing on the Super Dungeon Explore: Legends KS, as well. For this project, it's the poor quality of their so-called "Masterclass" Starfinder minis that concerns me.

We've been begging them for "proof of life" to confirm that they're even working on the project we gave them $1.3 million for, and they can't even do that. They just let go their Customer Service Rep. They're not listening to their backers on any project, as far as I can see, and not communicating as to why.

I've exhausted all other ways to express my dissatisfaction with Ninja Division. I have joined those who've reported them to Idaho's AG, and I'm here begging IDW and all other board game companies to reconsider working with them. They will sully your brands with their shoddy work and increasingly poor reputation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Silopolis wrote:
I wouldn't go near any game Ninja Division is involved in with a 100-foot pole. They've shown nothing but incompetence, disregard for their backers/investors, and a lack of quality in both the products they've produced and in the way they carry out their business.

THIS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DocMcJansen wrote:
Silopolis wrote:

THIS!

Avoid Ninja Division. They have yet to deliver two projects to me.

I don't care if Ninja Division got the rights to Forbidden Stars and was adding the Tyranids and Necrons as expansion factions and Eric Lang created rules for the new factions. I would still pass.

Even if this is not Kickstarted......and shows up at retail. PASS.

Ninja Division won't get a penny from me until they deliver on their two campaigns...one going on 2 years late with no communication for several months.

Don't take my word for it...go to Super Dungeon Legends KS page and look at the comments.

It's a shame too......because I would have loved to played this game just to yell out....."Cat and Dogs....living together......MASS HYSTERIA!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R K
msg tools
Do not support companies that have stolen from your fellow gamers. There are MANY other companies more deserving of your gaming dollars. I'm urging you to not purchase from thieves. Soda Pop Miniatures/Ninja Division
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Killer
msg tools
cbrook29 wrote:
DocMcJansen wrote:
Silopolis wrote:

THIS!

Avoid Ninja Division. They have yet to deliver two projects to me.

I don't care if Ninja Division got the rights to Forbidden Stars and was adding the Tyranids and Necrons as expansion factions and Eric Lang created rules for the new factions. I would still pass.

Even if this is not Kickstarted......and shows up at retail. PASS.

Ninja Division won't get a penny from me until they deliver on their two campaigns...one going on 2 years late with no communication for several months.

Don't take my word for it...go to Super Dungeon Legends KS page and look at the comments.

It's a shame too......because I would have loved to played this game just to yell out....."Cat and Dogs....living together......MASS HYSTERIA!!"

Avoid Soda Pop Miniatures/Ninja Division
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Ricketts
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
flag msg tools
I hate to say it but i agree with this sentiment... Which is a shame as i generally love IDW games :-( and have been a massive sde fan (and would love to be again) in the past.

Ninja/soda pop need to complete there current obligations and liabilities IN THE ORDER THEY WERE MADE AND DUE before they get involved with any other projects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jazz Paladin
msg tools
Do not support in any way, shape or form. SPM/ND has been extremely unprofessional in their handling of SDE:Legends , including years worth of lies, failing to inform/communicate, and failure to refund or provide any sort of explanation as to what is happening and why.

If a business treats customers like this, they deserve to go under, no ifs, ands or buts about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you guys/gals emailed IDW your concerns? I'm not a backer of Ninja so I don't really have a proper say but it might help get the point across. I'm not sure how active their eyes are here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Turner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good idea. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Turner
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
Have you guys/gals emailed IDW your concerns? I'm not a backer of Ninja so I don't really have a proper say but it might help get the point across. I'm not sure how active their eyes are here.

I sent an email to support@idwpublishinghelp.zendesk.com. I'm hoping it gets to someone who'll read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Mcwatt
msg tools
I'm not sure what a straight to retail release avoids exactly.

The issue people are having is them working on another project while still to complete SDE:Legends. This would be another project that for some reason would take priority over that.

Straight to retail doesn't provide a reason they aren't communicating with backers. It doesn't explain why there has been delays or as John Candice stated himself that the project has been put on hold.

John claimed on a now deleted Facebook comment that they don't have the money to continue SDE:Legends development despite receiving $1.3 million from over 6,600 backers. Scott, now left the company claimed that wasn't the case but seldom would appear to explain what the case was before leaving.

So aside from not ruining the integrity of Kickstarter further, how does straight to retail avoid the lack of communication or the outright lies told to backers ("it's in production expect it sent out soon" at least twice).

Turned to a bit of a rant. Apologies, I late pledged and thus have been unable to voice my concerns on Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyodinson wrote:

As I buyer I get to walk out with the game once I buy it and have the benefit of seeing reviews of the game and components. It's a little to no risk as opposed to backing a KS. Also, IDW is the lead, so I have more faith that they will take care of me if I have component issues.

I'm in no way tied to their previous games so this avoids a lot. Now if it was going to KS I would be more reserve if Ninja was taking the lead on the project because of the issues mentioned here, that would be a concern and I wouldn't back it because of their record.

Now I just heard IDW is going to KS with a game early next year that also sounds like Ninja is a part of. That will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Also, I am nervous about the next IDW Ninja Turtle games and if Ninja will be associated with those, because I'm looking forward to those. Those are due to hit KS early next year as well and I knew they had to go with a different mini manufacturer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kelsch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New IDW Kickstarter with Ninja Division involvement.
https://idwgames.com/idw-games-announces-signature-edition-f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nkelsch wrote:
New IDW Kickstarter with Ninja Division involvement.
https://idwgames.com/idw-games-announces-signature-edition-f...

Yup that was the one I heard about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nope nope
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mightyodinson wrote:

The issue people are having is them working on another project while still to complete SDE:Legends. This would be another project that for some reason would take priority over that.

Straight to retail doesn't provide a reason they aren't communicating with backers. It doesn't explain why there has been delays or as John Candice stated himself that the project has been put on hold.

John claimed on a now deleted Facebook comment that they don't have the money to continue SDE:Legends development despite receiving $1.3 million from over 6,600 backers. Scott, now left the company claimed that wasn't the case but seldom would appear to explain what the case was before leaving.

So aside from not ruining the integrity of Kickstarter further, how does straight to retail avoid the lack of communication or the outright lies told to backers ("it's in production expect it sent out soon" at least twice).

Turned to a bit of a rant. Apologies, I late pledged and thus have been unable to voice my concerns on Kickstarter.

I think the idea is that with retail you don't have to worry that you're going to get screwed. Which is true, if SPM/ND do great sculpts for the and the game turns out to be great you can walk into your FLGS and pick it up risk free. That's a good thing.

This is completely separate from the idea that by buying the game you are or could be supporting a company you take issue with. Which is a totally legitimate stance I might add.

I'm also a late backer of SDE. I honestly am not sure how I feel about the IDW games. On one hand, this has two franchises I love so I'm excited. On another, I really hate what's going on with the SDE KS. At the same time any work ND/SPM can get to increase cash flow can (and should) be utilized to help fund those lingering projects, so I also see these things as something of a positive. Well, a potential positive at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thawne wrote:

This. Friends of ND should be punished by proxy so that ND/SPM become true pariahs in the industry. If everything that ND/SPM touches dies, nobody will ever work with them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nope nope
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GrauGeist wrote:
Thawne wrote:

This. Friends of ND should be punished by proxy so that ND/SPM become true pariahs in the industry. If everything that ND/SPM touches dies, nobody will ever work with them again.

Yes, raze it all and salt the Earth. Nothing less than heads on pikes.

Ninja Divisions issue is production (and funds for production). If their role in this has nothing to do with production then this project has no impact on their beleaguered KS projects. If anything, providing design and sculpting to other publishers provides revenue streams to fund finishing their woefully delayed projects.

Hell, if IDW is throwing profitable work their way in a manner that SPM can't screw it up (ie. out of the production loop) then I'm grateful to IDW for throwing a lifeline. Not for SPMs sake, but for the sake of their backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Lane
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Unfortunate seeing Ninja Division involved in this. They are literally the poison of the board gaming world...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.