Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the vegetables in this remind anyone else of ugly/imperfect produce? (Do a Google image search or see this National Geographic article for info: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2016/03/global-f... ) The carrot and tomato especially look lumpy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just what actual vegetables look like. If you don't see vegetables shaped like this in the supermarket it's because the 'ugly' ones get thrown away. Quite a travesty, really.

I think the shapes of the vegimeeples in Reykholt are great, very natural.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormparkiet wrote:
It's just what actual vegetables look like. If you don't see vegetables shaped like this in the supermarket it's because the 'ugly' ones get thrown away. Quite a travesty, really.

Yes, I agree. I wasn't calling them ugly aesthetically, just that's what less than perfect vegetables are called these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quoting removed post
Quoting removed post
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Heirloom produce definitely looks ugly, compared to how supermarket ads have conditioned us to think of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC
msg tools
mb
Quote:
Yes, I agree. I wasn't calling them ugly aesthetically, just that's what less than perfect vegetables are called these days.

So I'm guessing you're actually complimenting the realism of the components? You might want to frame your statement to avoid (more) ugly reactions.

Strike that, you framed it perfectly with your link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marne
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Stormparkiet wrote:

It is a shame. There's a company, Imperfect Produce, that sells ugly produce for a substantial discount.. Which is what I thought the OP was referencing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moocheck wrote:
Stormparkiet wrote:

It is a shame. There's a company, Imperfect Produce, that sells ugly produce for a substantial discount.. Which is what I thought the OP was referencing.

Yes, exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormparkiet wrote:
If you don't see vegetables shaped like this in the supermarket it's because the 'ugly' ones get thrown away.

Unless you shop in the organic shop. That is where all the ugly vegetables go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about ugly. My first thought was "Gosh, these are quite thin".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.