Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sato
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to play Puerto Rico once a month but lost out last month due to the repeated playing of San Juan all month long. Now it was time to get back to the original game, and I was joined by Michael, Matt, Glen, and Chris.

I was sitting in the third seat for a change and built up a enough money to buy a Factory on the third turn without passing up a Builder action on the first two turns. Unfortunately, I could never get a fourth good into production (I chose a Tobacco plantation at one point only to have someone else buy the last Tobacco Storage before I could afford it).

Without tobacco or coffee to sell, I knew that I would fall behind in a building strategy so I bought a Sugar Mill and collected the necessary plantations to kick my shipping into gear. Michael had built both Markets as well as an Office to set himself with a strong building strategy. Chris chose to put up 4 Quarries and to produce all five goods; he knew it was a losing strategy, but he wanted to try it out to see how bad it was.

At the end of the game, Michael and I both had two large buildings (although I didn’t occupy the last one, since I bought it on the last turn for the 4 VP), but Michael won handily. I didn’t feel badly about my second place finish, though; Michael played a good game and deserved the win. Chris got to experience the pain of too many quarries, although he did manage to avoid last place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.