Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yong Hoon Lee
msg tools
with Variance
badge
Rook, Rook, read from your book
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I've played a bunch of rounds of The Networks solo so far, and I've noticed that with The Executives, my overall scores are much higher (on the order of 30-40 points), making the 265 point target quite easy to achieve, even though if I just play the base game or Telly Time, I don't reach it all the time.

I'm wondering if others have noticed this as well and come up with alternate thresholds for the 65 / 100+r2 / 265 to make the game more challenging with The Executives. I don't mind playing the game as a beat your score game either, but I thought it would be nice to have a bit more challenge as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turnpike wrote:
Hi all, I've played a bunch of rounds of The Networks solo so far, and I've noticed that with The Executives, my overall scores are much higher (on the order of 30-40 points), making the 265 point target quite easy to achieve, even though if I just play the base game or Telly Time, I don't reach it all the time.

I'm wondering if others have noticed this as well and come up with alternate thresholds for the 65 / 100+r2 / 265 to make the game more challenging with The Executives. I don't mind playing the game as a beat your score game either, but I thought it would be nice to have a bit more challenge as well.

I've only played 2 games, with Starryeyed and Generic, and they were both pretty much on par to what I've been doing on base game alone. TBH, I never found the game particularly hard solo, winning pretty much everytime, so now I have always a secondary goal of 300, which I never achieved (neither base or executives).

I think part of the reason that it feels easier is that I think it's the distribution of genres that make scoring genre bonuses a bit quicker, at least I thought so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls