Subject: Is there any way to solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Layher
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have a group to play this game with but would love to play it. Is there any way to play solo or with an automa or app? My googlefu did not come up with anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dsco bee
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
Bgg cultist
badge
Bgg cultist
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a solo variant for the original game detailed here Claustrophobia Solo Variant - Demon AI - now with Hellhounds and scenario specific instructions for base game and both expansions, not tried it but the thread seems popular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Layher
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm backing for now just to play this 2 handed. I did see the other variant so I suppose that's worth a try.

I may drop out though. Need to read some more reviews to figure out how feasible playing both sides is. I usually don't mind just so I can enjoy mechanically how the game plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
Only homebrew variants. If they had put info out that coming in February is an expansion KS for the Collectors edition with new figures and Solo rules. That would be really tempting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee M
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
The Solo System is my plan. Someone will probably say there are mechanics that prevent it from working properly but it still probably beats straight up left vs right (and I already own the solo system).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The solo variant is really good, also there is now an app automating it, making the experience very smooth. Check the original game's forum. For that matter - get the original game if anyone is selling, the components are so much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
@borsoook Thanks!

Here's a link to the solo companion app thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Layher
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torva wrote:
@borsoook Thanks!

Thanks for the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
torva wrote:
@borsoook Thanks!

Is this still going to work with 1643 though? Aren't they changing some of the mechanics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
Scottbricks wrote:
I do not have a group to play this game with but would love to play it. Is there any way to play solo or with an automa or app? My googlefu did not come up with anything.

You don't need a group, just one person
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original game is really easy to just play solo as is, no special rules required.

The dice mechanic starts to restrict characters as they gain damage and order boards determine what you are capable of each turn with the demon and the choices are often obvious as to the best course of action. The demon can sometimes require some deeper thought if the want to get tricksy.

In fact, the new version has a simpler order board than the old one, so it may actually be even easier to solo.

Plus there's the luck mitigation stuff for the humans now, so that would help solo too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.