Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So this game looks pretty darn great. Someone said it was like 18xx meets Arkwright in 2 and a half hours. That sounds pretty great to me!

Unfortunately it is a bit pricey (130 CAD for one copy after shipping). There are options for group buys though!

1 copy - $129.50
2 copies - $116.50
5 copies - $114

(prices are per copy in Canadian)

Anyone interested?

1. Nathan (me!)
2. Geoff (gds23)
3. Abi (katanan)
4. Adam (mcdiarmid)
5. Brian (badjer)

Pipeline

For pipeline there is a maximum of 4 copies. We have 4 names so thats easy! It's not a huge savings (about 10 canadian dollars) but it's something!

1. Nathan (me)
2. Abi (Katanan)
3. Jim (Mirari)
4. Brian (badjer)

Geoff has offered to pledge for the second group! Thanks!! Just one person away from pledge two!

1. Geoff (gds23)
2. Kenneth (Juxtatype)
3. Mike (ThouArtASmiteMeister)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff S
msg tools
badge
Re: City of the Big shoulders Group buy - Lower Mainland BC
I'm interested. Looks like a good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in man!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Added Geoff and Abi. Hopefully we can find 2 more.

Anyone here backing Pipeline? Maybe we can do a group for that one as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’d be in for pipeline too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
im still watching play throughs but I'll probably be in for one of the games at least...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chong
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey Nathan, I'm not in for CotBS, but if you were going to do a group buy for Pipeline - I would definitely be in on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff S
msg tools
badge
Please add me for Pipeline as well. Thanks Nathan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated the first post with Pipeline info. That one is all full up. I will confirm before the kickstarter is over!

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian DeJong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I'm in for this as well. Thanks Abi for pointing me to this thread!

I'm going to be backing Pipeline too. Since you guys are full up on that already I'll just back it normally, but if anyone drops out let me know and I can fill their spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
badjer wrote:
I'm in for this as well. Thanks Abi for pointing me to this thread!

I'm going to be backing Pipeline too. Since you guys are full up on that already I'll just back it normally, but if anyone drops out let me know and I can fill their spot.

I'd also be in for Pipeline. Maybe we can start another group of four?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully we can get a second group of four for Pipeline! I won't be able to place the order for it I don't think (limit is 4 it seems) but we can use this thread to arrange it.

We still need 2 more for City of Big Shoulders. Anyone have friends that are thinking about this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
Canada
Metro Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in getting in on the second Pipeline group order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff S
msg tools
badge
Good to see that we're almost there for our second Pipeline group. I can make the pledge for that one if Nathan shuffles the groups around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gds23 wrote:
Good to see that we're almost there for our second Pipeline group. I can make the pledge for that one if Nathan shuffles the groups around.

Thanks Sir!

I updated the main page to reflect the changes.

We still need 2 for City of Big Shoulders and one for Pipeline!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in for a copy of Big Shoulders!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I might be in on Pipeline but I need a bit of peer pressure or friendly coercion... I am looking at you Geoff!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff S
msg tools
badge
Marwan, Pipeline looks pretty darn good. But only buy it if it makes sense for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian DeJong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
I'm in for a copy of City of the Big Shoulders as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! We have 5 for Big Shoulders. I put in the pledge for it and for all the Pipelines I can. Hope we can find another for Pipeline to fill out the second group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
gds23 wrote:

Hey Geoff,

Just want to check if you're putting in a pledge for four copies of Pipeline. If not, no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff S
msg tools
badge
I do plan to order four. Hopefully we can fin one more Pipeliner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a big ol' update for City of Big shoulders. There group pledge is only for the fancy (more expensive) version. The more expensive version is a better value I think because of all the extra stuff but I figure everyone should know their options.

Quote:

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are enjoying this wonderful Thursday surrounded with family and friends and feast. I am especially thankful this year to have so much love and support come from you for our game and our dream to build an amazing publishing company.

The Feedback
Over the course of this campaign we have done our best to listen to your concerns and suggestions for ways to improve the game and the campaign. Your feedback has been invaluable and we really do listen and consider every bit of feedback we receive.

Four common concerns we hear from folks are:

1. I am concerned about us not unlocking all the companies in the upgrade bundles. I really want this content at the $79 price tag, but I'm concerned if I back the game to try to get us there, we may still not unlock the content. What happens then?

2. I really don't like paper money and that is what is making me hesitant to back the campaign.

3. It can be difficult to tell from the campaign page what I am getting when I pledge for the campaign. Some of the graphics are confusing (particularly the bundles and stretch goals). Can you make these clearer?

4. I only want the base game without all the extra bits. I would be willing to pay a little less for a little less content. Is there anything you can do?

To address these concerns we want to make some changes to the campaign, but we want to know what you think about what we plan to do, before we do it.

So here they are:

The Expanded Content
We are going to combine the two "Bundle Upgrades" we planned to sell at retail into a single expansion (complete with a box) that we are going to call the "Burden of Destiny Expansion". Instead of having to unlock this content through stretch goals, if you've pledged at the $79 "Investor Edition" pledge level you will receive all this expanded content as part of your pledge. They no longer need to be unlocked. Of course, each copy in a group buy level will also include this expansion.

As a result these items will be removed as stretch goals, since they are now automatically included in the $79 pledge level.

Our hope is that by making these changes we address concerns #1, #2 and #3 from above.

A New Pledge Level
We are going to introduce a new pledge level called the "Entrepreneur Edition" at $59. This edition will potentially receive some of the stretch goals, but none of the content from the "Burden of Destiny Expansion".
Our hope is that by introducing this new pledge level we will address the fourth concern, to give you a way to back the game at a lower price point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff S
msg tools
badge
Please continue to count me in for the big fancy edition. All in all a great update, as we're now guaranteed to get all of the companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam NoName
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone drops out of the City pledge, I am happy to fill in now that I watched the HC teach and play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.