Subject: Hex card size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Clapham
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anyone who has their copy can confirm the size of the hex cards (monsters/events)? I’m working on an idea for sleeving them. Flat to flat side would be ideal. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jaktheflipper wrote:
Just wondering if anyone who has their copy can confirm the size of the hex cards (monsters/events)? I’m working on an idea for sleeving them. Flat to flat side would be ideal. Thanks!

Hex height = 85.84mm
Hex Width = 98.48mm

Power to you in attempting to sleeve hex shaped cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clapham
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you. If I figure it out, I’ll post it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jaktheflipper wrote:

I'm curious, so please do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Nordell

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jaktheflipper wrote:

I'm following this as well. I don't even have this game (yet), but I am something of a sleeving fanatic, so I'm curious about your quest.
Are you thinking of simply sleeving them in rectangular shaped sleeves? Or did you have something more sophisticated in mind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clapham
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At the risk of tipping my hand too early, I have a main plan and a backup. Plan 1 is make a jig, buy some sleeves of approximately the right size, then impulse seal and trim to make a four sided pouch. If the fit is good, I then either seal the top, or possibly leave it be and shuffle sideways (it’s mainly repeated shuffling by my more heavy handed friends that concerns me). The backup if this doesn’t work is to just sleeve as usual, but trim the excess on the top. I suspect that’s less good in terms of board space overlap, but it might be workable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jaktheflipper wrote:
At the risk of tipping my hand too early, I have a main plan and a backup. Plan 1 is make a jig, buy some sleeves of approximately the right size, then impulse seal and trim to make a four sided pouch. If the fit is good, I then either seal the top, or possibly leave it be and shuffle sideways (it’s mainly repeated shuffling by my more heavy handed friends that concerns me). The backup if this doesn’t work is to just sleeve as usual, but trim the excess on the top. I suspect that’s less good in terms of board space overlap, but it might be workable.

or you could laminate them. However sleeve or laminate pretty much voids the vactray for storage purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clapham
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
True enough, but I can live with moving the hex decks out to the Chaos box, and putting the expansion hero decks in their spot. I expect them to get used fairly regularly once we get the game down (I love the idea of Ghuus, and Icarus’s model looks badass).

I hear you on laminating, and it’s a good shout. I guess the only issue is if the laminate gets damaged, the card is pretty much irrecoverable. It’s probably a non-issue, but I’m also curious if maxing hex sleeves will work. Should find out soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clapham
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Update one: the sleeves have arrived, and they’re a pretty good fit in vanilla form (at least sideways; they’re way too tall). Got Mayday’s Oversized Dungeon sleeves. Waiting for the impulse sealer now to get started on the project proper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Nordell

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pictures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clapham
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clapham
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All righty, as promised:

First get Mayday oversized dungeon sleeve, hex card, a big book and the impulse sealer (mine was £6 from eBay)

Put the hex card in with the point touching the bottom of the sleeve

Carefully aligning the filament with the edge of the card, give a few mm of room and then seal for circa 7s. Trim the excess with a pair of scissors. Repeat until the bottom is closed up.

You should now have something like this. Seal once more along the top, but do not trim yet.

Now, pop in your book to press out the air. Seal the fourth time and then trim

Voila! One protected hex card with minimal extra area. Rinse and repeat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
isaac carr
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Bravo! Wonder if fedex / kinkos has a sealer like this you can use? I know they have a laminator...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.