BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Reviews (and sessions?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cassandra Thompson
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the best place to write reviews? Just as a comment on the game in my collection? Or is there a better place? I feel like I read something somewhere about review and session articles.

Where can I find information about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmer Aslaksen
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
Prof. of mathematics and lover of history. Trying to get my kids interested in board games. Knizia fan (own over 100 of his games). Worked at the National Univ. of Singapore for 22 years and spent 8 years at UC Berkeley. Love Irish history
badge
Prof. of mathematics and lover of history. Trying to get my kids interested in board games. Knizia fan (own over 100 of his games). Worked at the National Univ. of Singapore for 22 years and spent 8 years at UC Berkeley. Love Irish history
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the game's page. When you post to the Forum, select the review category. That makes it a review! Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Thompson
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aslaksen wrote:
Go to the game's page. When you post to the Forum, select the review category. That makes it a review! Have fun!

Okay, so what is the difference between and "In-depth Review" and just the "forums" section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kaibis wrote:
aslaksen wrote:

Okay, so what is the difference between and "In-depth Review" and just the "forums" section?

"Reviews" is one of several categories you can select when you create forum posts. A selection reviews will appear under "In-depth Review" (although I'm not sure what the selection is based on).

Note that if you post a review, it won't be published until an admin has approved it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
kaibis wrote:
aslaksen wrote:

'In-depth' reviews are just reviews that are posted in the 'review' section and filtered to only show those best received.

All reviews should be posted in the relevant game's 'review' selection. This way they will be seen by the most interested parties now and in the future.

All 'reviews', 'sessions' and 'strategy' threads will go through Geekmod and if accepted the author will receive geek gold.

I was mistaken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
kaibis wrote:
aslaksen wrote:

'In-depth' reviews are just reviews that are posted in the 'review' section and filtered to only show those best received.

All reviews should be posted in the relevant game's 'review' selection. This way they will be seen by the most interested parties now and in the future.

All 'reviews', 'sessions' and 'strategy' threads will go through Geekmod and if accepted the author will receive geek gold.

Sessions and strategies didn't have to through Geekmod before. Has this been changed recently? (If so, thanks for the update!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
nhjelmberg wrote:
monkeyhandz wrote:
kaibis wrote:
aslaksen wrote:

Sessions and strategies didn't have to through Geekmod before. Has this been changed recently? (If so, thanks for the update!)

So Session have always and I thought strategy did too... though it seems in the latter I am wrong.

Reviews and Sessions both go through Geekmod. Everything where the user checks the box "This is a good post - Please consider for Geek Gold", does too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.