Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Santiago Garcia Galiana
Spain
Valencia
SPAIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I give up... Maybe there's a good game beyond this messy and fiddly rulebook, but I can't get past it. If I were the designer I 'd sit down and wouldn't stand again until coming up with something clear and intelligible.
Note: first time in years, after reading more than 500 + rulebooks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
christianlafferla wrote:
I give up... Maybe there's a good game beyond this messy and fiddly rulebook, but I can't get past it. If I were the designer I 'd sit down and wouldn't stand again until coming up with something clear and intelligible.
Note: first time in years, after reading more than 500 + rulebooks

Agreed awful, its almost as if they minimised them to save space , I would have preferred clear and consise rukes with much less colour and higher reaability.

They have just posted a printer friendly one but yes skimpy on the explanations although they did answer my questions ,mpromptly on KS page :-

As far as your rules questions:

In the existing decks Missions are only triggered as responses to Challenge Cards although future decks might trigger them in other ways.

In the Check Phase Step 1, currently the only auto effect is that of the Rec Room raising Crew Morale, again future Challenge Decks such as Parasites will introduce new auto effects for the Crew to deal with.

Step 3, follows in Rank order as stated not starting with the highest Rank then passing round the table.

Death Phase Step 5, yes the new Crew member can be a Crew member who died. Crew members are generic they don't have names or faces and the rescue mission brought more than one Pilot, Botanist etc.

Page 10, yes morale of Crew entering the game after Set Up is always set at 0.

My solution was to watch the how to videos and sale play through but a big time investment for such a short set of rules.

Once I work4d them out the first playthrough was ruined by the oversizex crew markers, just unusable and a waste of time. The whole experience ruined and plan on digging out ore small washers to replqce the markers if I ever table it again.

Anyone fancy a sleeved copy cheap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Garcia Galiana
Spain
Valencia
SPAIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy is on sale too! laugh
Don't wanna waste precious time trying to decypher the rules while there are real gems out there waiting to be played...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've uploaded a simplified edit of the rules.

I picked up some mini-meeples to replace the character tokens and use coloured dice as trackers for Morale, Oxygen and Missions and the game is a much smoother experience as a result.

In fairness to the rules, they're just an eyesore. They're not actually muddled or incomplete. It's just that the unhelpful font, colour-on-black layout, italicised flavour text and lack of any text breaks make it hard to navigate the rules. But they are complete, without omission and coherent if you an bend your eyes round the obtrusive graphic decisions that have been made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago Garcia Galiana
Spain
Valencia
SPAIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi, thanks for the reply. but the "files" section is still empty. where did you upload those new rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday - hopefully the file will show up today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
You can go off and rule the universe from beyond the grave.
badge
Or check into a psycho ward, which ever comes first, huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a rulebook that isn't tiny white text on black for old dudes like me with bifocals?

NNN Actual footage of me trying to read the rules...

Just kidding. All of the PDFs I need are here: https://www.manokentgames.com/howtoplaysso

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.