7 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Before/Beyond the Wall: faces? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
I've been tempted to pick these models up for some time, but something keeps on stopping me: the faces. I don't know if it's just the photographs or not, but the faces look incredibly poor quality. Then I thought maybe they look better painted, but what I could find on google ... nope.

For those of you whom have owned it, are the faces really as bad as they look in photographs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This doesnt answer your question sorry, but the only reason I picked them up was to get the Vagabond armor set. So get them for that and then the models are a bonus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Beyond the Wall was early and yeah, the faces are pretty weak; not as bad as the original Aya model, with her weird broken back thin waist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Dlthorpe wrote:
This doesnt answer your question sorry, but the only reason I picked them up was to get the Vagabond armor set. So get them for that and then the models are a bonus

Yeah, definitely not paying $50 for an armor set laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I mean they're pretty basic faces, but I wouldn't exactly say they are bad. Just older. All personal opinion though I guess.

Also, of all the white boxes, the vagabond armour set is easily what I have got the most use out of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chinh Tran
msg tools
mbmbmb
Here's mine: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/953/28418929348_d4586e29a0_o....

I didn't think the face was that bad, but you could always swap in a different head from the Unarmored Kit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Tenzer
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
islan wrote:
Dlthorpe wrote:

Yeah, definitely not paying $50 for an armor set laugh

Wait for Black Friday and get both for $25 in total...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.