San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Associate Marketing Manager
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy release day! Starting today, Arboretum is available in local game stores everywhere.

We're sold out at distribution already, but have two more reprints on their way, which should arrive by the end of the year.

Get out there and build some beautiful arboretums!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Nelson
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When should those who pre-ordered the Deluxe edition expect those to arrive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marksman313 wrote:

I'm also interested in the answer to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marne
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks! I saw a photo of the Deluxe Edition and it looks great on the table!

For those of us who couldn't wait and are expecting GenCon replacements, have those been sent out with this printing? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited because I ordered one from my FLGS to be shipped to a friend of mine. I introduced him to my copy of the Z-Man edition a few months back, and he loved it so much I just had to send this new printing along to him. Can't wait for it to arrive on his doorstep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
boardgamechic
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
daloester wrote:
Happy release day! Starting today, Arboretum is available in local game stores everywhere.

We're sold out at distribution already, but have two more reprints on their way, which should arrive by the end of the year.

Do you have any idea when UK retailers will be getting there copies? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Hutton
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any changes for the reprints or are they identical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
moocheck wrote:
Thanks! I saw a photo of the Deluxe Edition and it looks great on the table!

For those of us who couldn't wait and are expecting GenCon replacements, have those been sent out with this printing? Thanks.

We just received the replacement decks, so if you submitted a customer service request, those will ship out in the next 1-2 weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
Marksman313 wrote:

The Deluxe edition is releasing December 14, so those pre-orders won't ship out for another month!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
ajhutt wrote:
Any changes for the reprints or are they identical?

The reprints we have in progress will be identical to this first printing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
allyouneedisme wrote:
Do you have any idea when UK retailers will be getting there copies? Thanks!

International distributors are always slightly delayed, but they should have their copies soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Wilson
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the Deluxe edition be available retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Theroux
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I'll have to keep an eye on my LGS's weekly shipments

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
Clellybobus wrote:
Will the Deluxe edition be available retail?

Yes! The retail release date is December 14. Get it while you can though - this is a limited printrun that we will not be reprinting for quite some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosh Ebonovich
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daloester wrote:
Yes! The retail release date is December 14. Get it while you can though - this is a limited printrun that we will not be reprinting for quite some time.

So what does this even mean? All print runs are "limited". The website specifically calling it "limited edition" makes it sound like it'll be difficult to obtain - maybe I'm in the minority here, but a "limited edition" has the subtext of being limited to those early birds that chose to preorder. If it'll just be reprinted again, what's actually limited about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Dodd
United States
Coraopolis
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brainpattern wrote:
daloester wrote:

So what does this even mean? All print runs are "limited". The website specifically calling it "limited edition" makes it sound like it'll be difficult to obtain - maybe I'm in the minority here, but a "limited edition" has the subtext of being limited to those early birds that chose to preorder. If it'll just be reprinted again, what's actually limited about it?

I'm assuming they mean what they said? That they don't plan on reprinting for a while so when this runs out, it'll be out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people preordered this based on the assumption that "limited" means this won't be reprinted at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
fastattaq wrote:
Some people preordered this based on the assumption that "limited" means this won't be reprinted at all!

If some people are so petty that they will only buy something if they think others can't, oh well.

Myself, I'm glad if others get to enjoy it also.

If I buy a deluxe set and they later reprint it, I couldn't care less. But then I don't buy games to scalp them later at inflated prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarbol Maricka
Germany
flag msg tools
daloester wrote:

Available in local game stores everywhere?
Everywhere I search in Europe, I cannot find one copy.
Did distributors in Europe receive copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anetta Waznicki
Poland
flag msg tools
Yes, I would also like to know when is this coming to Europe, because my order along with other games is waiting almost 2 months because of Arboretum!
I am on the edge of canceling preorder of Arboretum because it is stopping my whole order from shipping. Can we please get any info???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Renegade Game Studios
mbmbmbmbmb
The release date in Europe is almost always delayed by a couple weeks because it has further to ship. Your local game store can check with their preferred distributor on their shipment! It will be there soon, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yosh Ebonovich
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rilos wrote:
fastattaq wrote:

If I buy a deluxe set and they later reprint it, I couldn't care less. But then I don't buy games to scalp them later at inflated prices.

People get excited about "limited" things for reasons other than to resell. FOMO, exclusivity, wanting to complete a collection. I think it's foolish on your part to make assumptions about the motivations of other people you know nothing about.

My concern here is that something is being marketed as "limited" but we have no basis for knowing what that actually means. Every board game print run is "limited" in some way - publishers only print so many copies of any game. For example, Pandemic Ibera was marketed as a limited, one print run only game. But clearly that printing was probably 50k+ copies or a similarly huge number because it's still readily available.

In my opinion, calling something "limited" is a marketing ploy geared at people who don't want to miss out. If I want something and don't think I'll be able to get it later, I'm naturally going to want to jump at the opportunity to get it right away. But without knowing how many copies are actually being printed, or when it will be reprinted, there is no rational basis for making an informed decision to purchase.

I pre-ordered the deluxe version months ago under the assumption that it wouldn't be easy to get later on. Nowhere was the possibility a reprint announced at that time, so what reason would I have to think it would be trivial to obtain later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.