BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: International Shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone here have any recommendations on who to use for international shipping (mailing a game, etc.) from USA to Europe (specifically, Germany)? Took a look at UPS and yeesh :-(

Might look at DHL next...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Australia
PORT MACQUARIE
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who orders from the USA and elsewhere (for post to Australia) I can advise that they are all expensive. It's one of the factors you need to consider apart from the price (which has to include currency conversion).

If you find a cheap alternative please post it: I'd love to hear that there is one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Hopkins
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you've estimated for cost, but a flat-rate box through the USPS to Germany (under 20 lbs) looks like it will run about $70 for this size:

13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"

or

11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I haven't.
It sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
Any way you slice it it is going to suck. Oddly europeans generally ship to us pretty cheap (especially britS). But then again US to Canada is a garbage rate too, and visca versa, but even worse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IME, USPS First Class Int'l Parcel is the least expensive, and not terribly slow. It's what I always end up using, when shipping games and accessories overseas.

Priority is insane.

Other carriers are even insane-er.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to understanding why everyone outside of America complains about postage cost. It's not the price of the games that are the problem for most of us, it's the cost of getting the game to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Schrimpl
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I wanted to ship internationally. I went to UPS and they guy said I was nuts for using them. He said let USPS handle all your international needs. So I did. (I’m located in Los Angeles)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Neher
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This. If the package weighs more than four pounds, priority still is the answer because it's the least insane. The USPS customs paperwork is simpler, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.