Cat Lady» Forums » News

Subject: Cat Lady App rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edwin Valdez
Guatemala
California
flag msg tools
The much anticipated #catlady app has released on the App Store and Google play, don’t miss the opportunity to get your paws on this amazing game!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomadgames...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cat-lady-the-card-game/id131...

#cat #boardgames #fun #download #game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchased the app and I've played it once already. Simple to use and fun to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Randi
Italy
Lecco
Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app is really well done!thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Cox
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! Really enjoying the app!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebbe Cee
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
I blame this app for destroying my productivity for the last couple of days The games are so short and satisfying that I always just want to play "one more".

The graphic design and UI is exceptionally good.

If I could change one thing, I would add another way to login than facebook. That's the only thing that really bugged me.

EDIT: I think there's also a small bug in the game. When I use a spray bottle and move the cat token, after I've taken the row I want the token moves to that row. I was under the impression that the spray bottle caused the cat token to remain in the place where I put it so it can block a row from the opponent. The rules say the following:

Playing a spray bottle allows you to
move the cat token. This allows you to
block the next player from taking cards
from that row or column, or to help
yourself by revealing a blocked row or
column for you to take cards from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Randi
Italy
Lecco
Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EbbeC wrote:
If I could change one thing, I would add another way to login than facebook. That's the only thing that really bugged me.

N ditto

EbbeC wrote:
Playing a spray bottle allows you to
move the cat token. This allows you to
block the next player from taking cards
from that row or column, or to help
yourself by revealing a blocked row or
column for you to take cards from.

Oh so it IS a bug! I found weird that it let you chose where to move it and then ignore your decision

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn’t appear to be a bug.

You can use the spray bottle before or after you take the cards.

If you use it before, then, you free up the row it’s blocking so you can take those cards. But then it will move back to that row when you take them.

Or you can use it after to block a different row than the one you just took.

But if you use it before, then it will still move back to the row you just took. It doesn’t stay where you placed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Randi
Italy
Lecco
Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:

HOW can I use it after? AI turn starts as soon as I select a row or column... (maybe I'm dumb)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_Randi_ wrote:
hist wrote:

HOW can I use it after? AI turn starts as soon as I select a row or column... (maybe I'm dumb)

Ok, then *that* part is a bug.

You should be able to use it before or after.

I haven't played the app yet.

Sorry for the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
_Randi_ wrote:
hist wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

In the original board game. The token would move back after taking a row. In the original game you can spray after you take cards to block a row. This was removed from the app to not add an "extra step" and keep the game with a good flow. Personally, I find it usually better to use a spray bottle to obtain cards than to block, so I feel this change is fine to keep the game moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebbe Cee
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
TheOriginalJwoo wrote:
hist wrote:
_Randi_ wrote:
hist wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

In the original board game. The token would move back after taking a row. In the original game you can spray after you take cards to block a row. This was removed from the app to not add an "extra step" and keep the game with a good flow. Personally, I find it usually better to use a spray bottle to obtain cards than to block, so I feel this change is fine to keep the game moving.

The thing that bugs be about that is, why do we even need to select where we want to move the cat token

Because that's a unnecessary step currently as it stands, and the flow would go even better with that removed then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to mention another app issue - the app doesn't allow you to trade in the lost cat posters on the turn you earn them. It changes the game significantly because when you claim your second poster, you can't be sure the lost cat you want will still be around by the time your next turn comes around. I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to be able to trade in your lost cat cards at any point during your turn, including after taking the three.

I think this and the spray bottle issue could both be easily remedied by having an end-of-turn phase show up if the player has a spray bottle or 2+ lost cat posters. That way, when it's not pertinent, the system will just skip the end phase, but when a player is actually able to make a decision, it'll give them the opportunity to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M M

Chapel Hill
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found a game-breaking bug: catnip points are being double-counted, once in the cat score and once in the catnip score. I was suspicious of why catnip seemed so much stronger in the app, and then I realized that the app was adding it to the final score twice! So if I have 6 cats and 2 catnip, instead of earning me an additional 6 points as per the rules, it earns me 12 extra points. As you can imagine, this makes catnip critical to victory. Imagine someone with 8 cats and 4 catnip - a whopping 32 points rather than the already-impressive 16!

I tested in both challenge mode & normal mode and at every player count - the bug seems present in all cases. I posted a google play review about it but I thought I'd post here too in the hopes that the developers see & fix the bug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Achire wrote:
Found a game-breaking bug: catnip points are being double-counted, once in the cat score and once in the catnip score. I was suspicious of why catnip seemed so much stronger in the app, and then I realized that the app was adding it to the final score twice! So if I have 6 cats and 2 catnip, instead of earning me an additional 6 points as per the rules, it earns me 12 extra points. As you can imagine, this makes catnip critical to victory. Imagine someone with 8 cats and 4 catnip - a whopping 32 points rather than the already-impressive 16!

I tested in both challenge mode & normal mode and at every player count - the bug seems present in all cases. I posted a google play review about it but I thought I'd post here too in the hopes that the developers see & fix the bug.

This has been fixed in the newest update. At least on IOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Achire wrote:
I wanted to mention another app issue - the app doesn't allow you to trade in the lost cat posters on the turn you earn them. It changes the game significantly because when you claim your second poster, you can't be sure the lost cat you want will still be around by the time your next turn comes around. I don't have the rulebook in front of me, but I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to be able to trade in your lost cat cards at any point during your turn, including after taking the three.

I think this and the spray bottle issue could both be easily remedied by having an end-of-turn phase show up if the player has a spray bottle or 2+ lost cat posters. That way, when it's not pertinent, the system will just skip the end phase, but when a player is actually able to make a decision, it'll give them the opportunity to do so.

I believe the developers said they were worried about the flow of the game. I’ve suggested an option where you can put on “an end step” if you want one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.