Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Schuber
United States
Big Bear City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, I've been trying to make a printing that looks almost as good as the coprs look in the actual game. However I have tried it already from two different sites (cowcow and makeplayingcards) with not so great results.

Cowcow got the borders too narrow and cut off parts of the card while with MPC made the white border too big and the back of the card also had a huge white border around it as well.

If someone could tell me where perhaps they had success in making a near-perfect replica of a corp card and how you did it, please let me know. Or if there is another site to go to. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Schraut
Germany
Karlsruhe
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been reading a lot about creating/crafting "perfect" cards lately and how much time, energy and money people are putting into it.
While I cannot compete with that, I can offer a low budget hack, that will perfectly do the trick.
Find a thin paper, maybe glossy paper, to print your cards on. All that matters there is that they look good. Cut them out and put them in a sleeve with a worthless trading card and sleeve the original cards as well.

- Cheap
- Easy
- Super easy to fix bugs/implement changes
- Works
- Saves your other cards from wear down !!!!!
- You will feel no difference when shuffling or handling the cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BD
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a TM file thread for fan made corporations that had backs to corporation cards that could be printed at home and used as per Robert's suggestion. If you can print back to back, then thick card stock would also work.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/142642/22-unoficial-corpo...

I had some cards for King of Tokyo professionally printed by Print & Play last year and they got the proportions perfect, did a good job and inexpensive.

https://www.printplaygames.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikard Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
RobAntilles wrote:
I have been reading a lot about creating/crafting "perfect" cards lately and how much time, energy and money people are putting into it.
While I cannot compete with that, I can offer a low budget hack, that will perfectly do the trick.
Find a thin paper, maybe glossy paper, to print your cards on. All that matters there is that they look good. Cut them out and put them in a sleeve with a worthless trading card and sleeve the original cards as well.

- Cheap
- Easy
- Works

+1 on this alternative. I can add that it works perfectly well with ordinary A4-paper (regarding thickness). As long as the sleeve is opaque I've yet to feel a deference when shuffling and dealing the cards-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
RobAntilles wrote:

- Cheap
- Easy
- Works

Hey!
You're plagiarizing the way we developed Terraforming Mars! I will have to sue you!!!
Just kidding - this is a great method. That's why we use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric royer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neojames82 wrote:
Well, I've been trying to make a printing that looks almost as good as the coprs look in the actual game. However I have tried it already from two different sites (cowcow and makeplayingcards) with not so great results.

Cowcow got the borders too narrow and cut off parts of the card while with MPC made the white border too big and the back of the card also had a huge white border around it as well.

If someone could tell me where perhaps they had success in making a near-perfect replica of a corp card and how you did it, please let me know. Or if there is another site to go to. Thanks

I had my first pathfinder deck printed at makrplayingcard.com. I added several corps from the forums with good art to bring the card count up to 72 csrds. They came out just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
United States
Big Bear City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fryxen wrote:
RobAntilles wrote:

- Cheap
- Easy
- Works

Hey!
You're plagiarizing the way we developed Terraforming Mars! I will have to sue you!!!
Just kidding - this is a great method. That's why we use it.

And this is why you are one of my favorite game designers, Jacob!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
United States
Big Bear City
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your suggestions, very much appreciate the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Brueckner
Germany
Loerrach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get a cheap copy of Terraforming Mars (the one I bought has a strong damaged box - no problem with the cards)
Print the variant on self adhesive vinyl matt.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001W9LJ94/ref=oh_aui_detai......

Paste on original card.

I do sleve cards too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric royer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neojames82 wrote:

Did you use the templates provided by Makeplayingcard.com? It has an outline with the suggested border area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had some good success with printerstudio.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric royer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used them as well. Turns out I was misremembering, they printed my cyberpunk deck not MPC. I've also gotten some firefly cards there.
MPC does have a much larger variety of card sizes though.
Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.