10 Posts

Tainted Grail: The Fall of Avalon» Forums » General

Subject: Small text written on land card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone R
Italy
flag msg tools
hello everyone, this game is fantastic, I'll take it for sure, I hope there is also a translation in Italian, the only thing that leaves me puzzled is the size of text written on land cards, are too small, I would not have to remove them from board to read them everytime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Rosendahl
msg tools
Kind of agree but I'm pretty sure you will have to pick up the cards and read the backside for story/lore/event anyway when you go onto then since there is art and text on both sides.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Herreras
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, small fonts are starting to be a concern in our aging group...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
x y
msg tools
mb
I don't mind if the text size is somewhat small as long it is still readable (decent size)... cool

What I really don't like is when such big Brands with massive theme/campaign/production/etc. don't 'make/design/iclude' unique font type appropriate for the title(s)/text/subtext/etc./etc. which fits the whole theme of the game! surprise

I'm not saying that's the case with Tainted Grail, I just hope that AR would make this effort with this game... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the flip side of the above, I hate when games use a font which is so theme and 'clever' you actually cant read it. Seen some examples where the "C"s look like "<"s. Which is fine, except when you need to do something with "DI<E" and it looks like "DKE"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
x y
msg tools
mb
Jaffa Brown
I agree with you completely...
As long as it's still readable (in any case)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciniconoclasta wrote:
Yeah, small fonts are starting to be a concern in our aging group...

I know! More and more games are being judged on whether it's easy to read for me. Ugh :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Herreras
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soon we will be getting custom magnifying glasses as SGs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking about this more.... its not only a question of size - its the fact there is text. Its ok if the text is facing you, otherwise, its upside down. Which is annoying.

On the basis that it will upside down (and therefore had to be read out by somebody anyway), would it not be better to have it with just a number on it, and the text in a book?

IF its text on a card, and it has anything on it (tokens, meeples, minis, etc) then its also a question of having to pick up the stuff to read the text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tarmo Rajamets
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Graphic design and typography are the main factors that are (so far) keeping me from supporting this campaign. You just can't use near illegible font in combination with fat dark shadows and multicoloured backgrounds. This looks like a serious design error to me, although the artwork itself is very impressive. The overall look is just too messy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.