Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting for Winter - Season 8!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I overlook something, or is the draw pile only used when someone uses the Canal action for the second bonus (short of expert and solo mode)?

I.e. ~20 card pile, from which perhaps 0-4 are drawn each game, and the rest is never used?

Or do I miss something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris Coyote wrote:
Do I overlook something, or is the draw pile only used when someone uses the Canal action for the second bonus (short of expert and solo mode)?

I.e. ~20 card pile, from which perhaps 0-4 are drawn each game, and the rest is never used?

Or do I miss something?

In the Expert Variant, they're shuffled into the cards that start the game on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph M.
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting for Winter - Season 8!
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, I know about Expert.

But still: in Expert, they are shuffled in the starting setup - but the draw pile is again rerely used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only 11 cards, of which up to 10 can be claimed in a game. I'm not sure they overproduced it. So far, we've consistently used around one per player in a game, sometimes a bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Schlepphorst
msg tools
Chris Coyote wrote:
yeah, I know about Expert.

The variety is much more significant than the number. The cards and Yousaf are very subtle at first, but they actually do shape the direction of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.