Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
-
flag msg tools
loon wrote:
best suited ... least suited

Pillars of the Earth, Genoa, Maharaja

Ive only played pillars and Im not sure I agree with your ranking. Understanding the pillars rulebook was tougher than reading the maharaja rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Pillars of the Earth is the easiest to learn and teach as it's a fairly intuitive game. It's also a great looking game and I think would work well
with newish players. It's still a step above being what I would call a gateway game though. Meaning it's a step up on games like Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne etc

Genoa is somewhat harder to learn and play for a newbie because you have to establish what to negotiate on and how much... and that's somewhat difficult for new gamers to get their head around. Other than that though... the game isn't that complex.

Maharaja: The Game of Palace Building in India (if that's indeed the game you are referring to)... has arguably the most complex gameplay although nothing severe but I would say slightly more than the other 2 games above.

Go for Pillars with new gamers if these are your only 3 choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.