GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,439 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Simon Crabtree
msg tools
Evening all

I hope you can help a newbie to the serious board gaming world.

My experience of board gaming has consisted of your family games Risk, scrabble etc), but over the last few weeks i have ventured into the more strategic aspect of gaming and have decided to go for it in a big way.

To start with i have been playing co-operative games such as Pandemic (which i love), Lord of the Rings with Sauron expansion and the new family favourite, Carcassonne with 6 expansions.

However, i have tried to broaden my knowledge of games and have taken the plunge and bought Tzolk'in (one small leap and all that.....).

My daughter and I are excited to play this but are worried that we are not going to pick up the rules and hence spoil our experience and enjoyment.

I have pre-read the rules online (game arrives tomorrow) and watched many YouTube videos along with reading on these forums should i have any questions.

Yet i was wondering whether anyone knew of any step by step "idiots" guide to the rules to help pick this up quicker? I have read that the rules for this are not that clear compared to similar games and any help for a newbie would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to your help and thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Welcome to BGG.

There is a specific game forum for Tzolk'in (and other games) that might have your answer. It would probably be the best place to ask your question.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/126163/tzolk-mayan-calen...

It's a great game, enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crabtree
msg tools
Thanks John for your reply, will check it out and fingers crossed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!

When we're learning a new game, we generally read through the rules, and then we go back and work through the rules step-by-step, referencing the rules. Don't feel like you have to remember all of the rules, and try not to worry about making mistakes. Just see how the moving parts (literally, in this case) work.

I'll move this to the Tzolk'in forums for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crabtree
msg tools
indigopotter wrote:
Welcome to BGG!

When we're learning a new game, we generally read through the rules, and then we go back and work through the rules step-by-step, referencing the rules. Don't feel like you have to remember all of the rules, and try not to worry about making mistakes. Just see how the moving parts (literally, in this case) work.

I'll move this to the Tzolk'in forums for you.

Thank you so much and it is a great suggestion. With the help i have been given and yours would like to think i can get through a game tomorrow. Will try not to let the mistakes spoil the game! Appreciate your help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.