GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,741 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
21 Posts

Project: ELITE» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: What Add-On are you getting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am backing this but the KS is getting so expensive. So, to help us on decision making, I am interested to see what add-on the other people will get. Thanks for helping!

P.S. Alienship is my favorite too.

Poll: What Add-On are you getting
What Add-On are you getting?
  Yeah! Nah! Not sure.
Alienship Rescue Expansion
DeathMaw Valley
R.O.O.K. Team
Zombicide: Invader Crossover
Alien Aliens Pack
Marble Action Dice
Marble Hit Dice
Any other Add-on with map, scenario and more game play
Any other Add-on with miniatures and eye candies
NONE, no thanks! Just the base is fine, CMON you greedy...
ALL IN, of course! Hail CMON!
      174 answers
Poll created by alexlyf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pedersen
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe helping CMON out a bit, but for those who want extra characters and aliens the crossover pack can be proxied it seems and its cheap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I do hope this poll can help CMON to understand what we like/dislike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
mped68 wrote:
Maybe helping CMON out a bit, but for those who want extra characters and aliens the crossover pack can be proxied it seems and its cheap

There seemed to be some rumblings about a crossover pack that included all the Zombicide: Invader minis so Project: Elite buyers wouldn't have to buy the full game. Any word on what happened to that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
I’m always all in on CMON projects, I like to help out the little guy. CMON is such a small publisher with so few a games that they need all the help they can get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vitus979 wrote:
mped68 wrote:

There seemed to be some rumblings about a crossover pack that included all the Zombicide: Invader minis so Project: Elite buyers wouldn't have to buy the full game. Any word on what happened to that?

What are you talking about - you can't get the xover without getting a base pledge.

What is being asked for is expanding the crossover pack to include R.O.O.K team so we can play those armored suits in Z:I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LateShacka wrote:
I’m always all in on CMON projects, I like to help out the little guy. CMON is such a small publisher with so few a games that they need all the help they can get.

What the frag?!?!

EDIT: by the way, why do my posts include the title header of the thread, but nobody else's? Is that just my view and you all see the same thing for your posts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
Neric wrote:
What are you talking about - you can't get the xover without getting a base pledge.

No, I meant a Crossover tier that would include the Zombicide:Invader figures in the Crossover without having to buy Zombicide:Invader itself.

Quote:
What is being asked for is expanding the crossover pack to include R.O.O.K team so we can play those armored suits in Z:I

Ah, I've misread the rumblings then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vitus979 wrote:
Neric wrote:

No, I meant a Crossover tier that would include the Zombicide:Invader figures in the Crossover without having to buy Zombicide:Invader itself.

They would never ever do that Cut into sales of another game lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
gelaar wrote:
LateShacka wrote:

What the frag?!?!

EDIT: by the way, why do my posts include the title header of the thread, but nobody else's? Is that just my view and you all see the same thing for your posts?

I’m just saying, CMON is such an unknown company that we need to be helping the little guy out.

I mean, we all know there are a million and one greedy big business companies out there, CMON is just one of the few remaining tiny ones. Gotta take care of them.

And I see the same thing on my posts.

Maybe you’re too much of a fragger and see headers everywhere you go though, Might wanna go to the doctor, get that checked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LateShacka wrote:
gelaar wrote:
LateShacka wrote:

What the frag?!?!

I’m just saying, CMON is such an unknown company that we need to be helping the little guy out.

I mean, we all know there are a million and one greedy big business companies out there, CMON is just one of the few remaining tiny ones. Gotta take care of them.

Maybe you’re too much of a fragger and see headers everywhere you go though, Might wanna go to the doctor, get that checked.

I'm not "a fragger" ... I'm THE FRAGGER! And I see it goes away once my post ages behind other posts. Strange. CMON is a public company, didn't realize it was a "small" company. They do deliver, I'll give them that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
gelaar wrote:
LateShacka wrote:
gelaar wrote:
LateShacka wrote:

What the frag?!?!

I'm not "a fragger" ... I'm THE FRAGGER! And I see it goes away once my post ages behind other posts. Strange. CMON is a public company, didn't realize it was a "small" company. They do deliver, I'll give them that.

A fragger would say that. And oh yeah, CMON is tiny, it’s like 3 people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vitus979 wrote:
Neric wrote:

I'm sure there are people that want that. But, I don't see it happening. The whole point of the crossover pack is:
- Get Z:I backers to back PE
- Get PE backers to buy Z:I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matej Gába
Slovakia
Marianka
flag msg tools
badge
Project: ELITE - the greatest realtime gaming experience of all times!
mbmbmbmbmb
LateShacka wrote:
gelaar wrote:
LateShacka wrote:
gelaar wrote:
LateShacka wrote:

What the frag?!?!

Actually, its 4. Chris, Manfred, Oxana & Nick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
Mycoman wrote:
LateShacka wrote:
gelaar wrote:
LateShacka wrote:
gelaar wrote:
LateShacka wrote:

What the frag?!?!

I don't know anything about the internals of the company, but LinkedIn shows 28 employees for "CoolMiniOrNot" and 33 employees for "CMoN Limited".

Also, I thought Eric Lang and Adrian Smith were both on staff full time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
vitus979 wrote:
Mycoman wrote:
LateShacka wrote:
gelaar wrote:
LateShacka wrote:
gelaar wrote:
LateShacka wrote:

What the frag?!?!

I don't know anything about the internals of the company, but LinkedIn shows 28 employees for "CoolMiniOrNot" and 33 employees for "CMoN Limited".

Also, I thought Eric Lang and Adrian Smith were both on staff full time.

It’s all a lie. Don’t trust it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt zobel
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best bang for your buck seems to be base game plus Alienship Rescue...at least that is what I am leaning towards. You guys agree?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
zobel0022 wrote:
Best bang for your buck seems to be base game plus Alienship Rescue...at least that is what I am leaning towards. You guys agree?

The best bang for your buck for every CMON campaign is just the base game with stretch goals (you get a lot more minis etc. per dollar than any add on).

But, Alienship Rescue and its stretch goals seem like the best bang for your buck of all the expansions (though it is quite a bit more per mini etc. than the base game alone).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai
United States
flag msg tools
With about 18 hours to go, I'm currently pledged $235 for the Core Box, Alienship Rescue, Deathmaw Valley, and the ROOK Team.

ROOK Team looks like an interesting variant for the core game, like an alternative way to play when you want to mix things up. More powerful heroes with cool active abilities, with more powerful alien spawns to compensate. For $35 I can see this being a fun way to add extra life to the core game without changing too many rules or adding a bunch of extra complexity. Usually when it comes to expansions, I like ones that basically just add "more of the same" to the core game experience, so that you have more variety and more longevity with the possibility for new strategies, as opposed to expansions that radically alter the rules or that basically create a whole new game, and this seems to fit the bill.

Alienship Rescue seems like the best big box expansion, since the modular tiles should allow for some decent variety, and I always appreciate scenario-based campaigns. With the stretch goals giving 10 more missions for a total of 15, spread into three 5-mission campaigns, that only increases the value. Plus, you get a new enemy swarm and a few extra bosses which presumably can be used in the base game for even more replay value. I might've liked for there to be more than seven (technically 14) modular tiles, and I also wonder how feasible it is to create custom scenarios with the tiles. Hopefully the campaign scenarios will still be satisfying to replay once you've seen how they work.

Deathmaw Valley has me a little concerned about how much I'll actually play with it. The titular boss mini certainly looks interesting, but the narrow corridor maps look kind of boring, and I'm worried that the expansion might add too much fiddly complexity to tracking damage to specific body parts, having to pop off and reassamble parts of the boss, drawing cards to figure out how it moves, and so on in addition to the stationary armaments. I feel like there's enough value and variety with the (currently) four maps in the base pledge that Deathmaw might end up being a gimmicky thing only for experienced veterans. I really want to see gameplay of these mission types and see how fighting the boss actually works. I'm considering dropping this from my pledge, but the "big boss" potential of the Deathmaw is still too tempting.

Ammo Pack could be another fun variant, like the ROOK Team, and for $10 it's not that expensive, but the components don't look that impressive to me. Six equipment cards and a bunch of cardboard tokens with boring grey, generic art on them. Limited ammo seems like a fun survival system that could add more tension to the game, but I worry about games maybe getting too hung up on scrounging for ammo for the special weapons, and having yet one more thing to keep track of during a tight two minute window. If I drop Deathmaw Valley, I'll probably pick this up just to add extra variety to the core game.

Alien Allies might be decent value for $12, but I don't really feel the need to spend more money on heroes when we're already getting 12+ in the base game, and even more in the big box expansions. Plus I don't really care for the look of the aliens. Aloria's pose and jacket looks awesome, but Apollo's boring neutral folded arms stance seems completely out of place.

Marble Dice are completely superfluous to me. It might be nice to have extra dice, in case one somehow goes missing, but not for $38. I'm not even that partial to how they look; way I see it, boring solid color dice are more functional in this type of game, if you have fewer color swirls possibly distracting from the icons you're trying to recognize at a very rapid pace.

Zombicide: Invader Crossover has zero appeal to me since I don't have Invader, or any Zombicide games at all for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
n3burgener wrote:
With about 18 hours to go, I'm currently pledged $235 for the Core Box, Alienship Rescue, Deathmaw Valley, and the ROOK Team.

I feel similarly to you, except I do have Zombicide: Invader coming (so I’m getting the crossover) and I fall on the other side of my skepticism for Deathmaw Valley (so not planning to get that).

To be honest, I would almost place an actual money bet that Deathmaw will be kind of dumb. The most tempting thing about the expansion is the exclusives they’ve pinned onto it. Everything about the game mode sounds gimmicky and very divergent from the normal gameplay (which makes it unlikely to be good). It reminds me of the giant Cthulhu in Cthulhu: Death May Die; I wasn’t even slightly tempted by that just for one silly scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Parviainen
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
n3burgener wrote:
Zombicide: Invader Crossover has zero appeal to me since I don't have Invader, or any Zombicide games at all for that matter.

You don't actually have to own any Zombicide games to use this add on...

Use your PE minis, but change the hero boards. You'll get a hero with different stats!

Use any miniatures you own as the Zcide worker, tank and Hunter mobs and the bosses. Or just change a biter card to a worker card just to see how the alien behaves a little differently.

So, just proxy the proxies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.