GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,308 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Spring Meadow» Forums » Rules

Subject: covering burrows rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you cover a Burrow with a Meadow tile so that it is no longer visible, you must place a Marmot on top of one of your cleared Burrows. If you do not have a cleared Burrow, you may not cover a Burrow with a tile.

Are you able to cover a burrow if you create cleared burrow with the same tile (and then cover the cleared burrow)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been struggling with the same question. In the end we ruled that you have to have a burrow available in order to cover one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="eknauer"]
Quote:
If you do not have a cleared Burrow, you may not cover a Burrow with a tile.

This bit has to be read in its strictest sense, I think: because the act of covering a burrow is done by placing a tile, you have to have a cleared burrow before placing the tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Rybiczka
Austria
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Exactly that was the intention of this sentence. It is not allowed to cover a burrow and clear one with the same tile placement. you need a cleared burrow before.

Best,
Roman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorthania wrote:
[q="eknauer"]
Quote:
If you do not have a cleared Burrow, you may not cover a Burrow with a tile.

This bit has to be read in its strictest sense, I think: because the act of covering a burrow is done by placing a tile, you have to have a cleared burrow before placing the tile.

Yeah, I think that makes the most sense since you would have to factor in hole adjacency before covering it. Since the hole covering and creation happens at the same exact time, the rule wasn't as clear as it could have been. "If you do not already have a cleared Burrow" would have been clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerod S.
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was pretty clear as is. I do not see the confusion.

You don't have a cleared burrow prior to laying the tile down. Yet you can't cover a burrow unless you have a cleared one, thus you cannot lay that tile and cover the burrow (even if simultaneously creating another cleared one)... Seems pretty strait forward to me.

EDIT: I find that "usually" a rule that allows something a little more tricky like that is clearly outlined with an example or 2 in the rules. If not then I interpret it in it's more strict case as mentioned above (by Bart). Then again play it how you want the game to feel for your group I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.