GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,232 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
19 
 Thumb up
 Hide
99 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Cassandra's Bloodbath rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the spiritual successor to linguistfromhell's Massacre in the Village series of games! It's a massive multivillage game that's intended as an end of year celebration of werewolf.

Modded by the Wonder Twins:

Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
This hairstyle was fun for a day, but tooooo much hair for my tastes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Here's the Roleset!
Here are Power Interactions and Errata!
Here's the Schedule and Village Logistics!
Here's the Lowdown on Requests!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
4theta
acox89
adiamant
Amekins
annab
Benesephiir
BerenCamlost
BlackSheep
codeia
cvb2009
davidenkinderen
dejojam1
egburr
Heisenberg
Jessicamisty
Kortemaki
kuchick
Littlelambchopx
madelineb
MajaiofDreams
maximumsaximum
Misterdeadpool
mmesich
Netslummer
oldhoss
ortho_
PaperF
Phil Fleischmann
Phyton VIII
Quaseymoto
Royalflush
SamNzed
Samool
SarahBoBara
Scarlett_O
SerWave
shawnad2006
Smugs
spj91
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror
Tarrant
tern73
The_Rorab
Tomotz
TWM03
Valkerie32
Vanderscamp
whirlingdervish
xandryyte
ZenMonkey11
zenofkermit

52 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2092359
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tentative Role List:

This will be adjusted once we have a final player count. Not all of these roles will be in the game (some number will be on the final role set list but not actually in the game), but most of them will be. Note that basically all of these were lovingly ripped off from linguistfromhell's Massacre OPs.

Good Roles:
1x Frankenstein's Monster (The Monster) - Undead- Invulnerable from D1 through N2. Starting on D3, has one point of 'Tough'. Will inherit the following traits when the original characters die: Brutal, Parity, Tough, Martyr, Telepathic, Seer, Detective, Mover's Moves. The Monster will only inherit normal parity, not the 'Super-Parity' that this game's Hunter possesses.
1-3x Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the player’s nature (Wolf/Undead/Human). Note that the Seer does not identify Evil / Not Evil. The seer does not receive an N0 view.
1x Insane Seer/Oracle (Cassandra) - Each night receives a vision of a target player, as per the Seer, above. Cassandra will get a nature reveal that is ALWAYS incorrect. NOTE: Cassandra will not be informed to their insanity. The player role will read "Seer". (Cassandra may get wolf or undead for the Sneaky Wolf.) Will reveal as Cassandra. When Cassandra dies, she gets an Oracle view on a player that will be announced to EVERY thread, along with the message that Cassandra has died. Because of this, all Seers will have an Oracle view, but only Cassandra's will do anything. Cassandra does not receive an N0 view.
1x Aux Seer - Starts the game with the ability to view for Evil Auxes. Will get a positive on any non-Werewolf Evil Role.
1x Brutal Hunter – See brutal rules, below. Hunter has Super-Parity, and not only will he win in a 1v1 situation, but he shares his Parity ability with the village; if at any time there are as many werewolves as there are non-werewolves and the Hunter is alive, the game will not end. Notice that the villagers don't win if it reaches parity, just that the game isn't over yet. Unless it's 1v1, and if the Hunter is one of the two, then Team Good wins. The Hunter’s Brutal IS mandatory.
1x Tough Martyr - Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction. The martyr ONLY protects from night kills, not from lynches and not from the brutal strike. The martyr is considered a “tough”, which means it will take 2 NK attacks to actually kill the Martyr. The Martyr will be told if he has taken damage. If any damage gets past the martyr, the remaining night kills will still take place. (Example: The Martyr protects the Seer. 1 wolf attacks the seer. The martyr takes damage, but does not die. 2 Wolves attack the seer; the martyr dies. Seer lives. 3 Wolves attack the seer; the martyr AND the seer die.) The toughness also applies when attacked directly. Note that the Martyr needs to select his target prior to Midnight for it to be effective. If the wolves attack both the martyr's protect target AND the martyr, the martyr will stop two points of damage going toward the target (it is possible that the wolf attacking the martyr will not have a valid target due to timing issues). If the Martyr and the Armor protect the same player, the Armor's protection takes priority. Neither player will be informed of the redundant protection.
1x Mentalist. Each night, can select two players (must be living) and will be told whether or not those two players are on the same team. Cannot pick the same player twice for any reason. Cannot pick mod-confirmed players (see the Seer clarification, above).
?x Masons - Standard Masons, with a chat - May or may not start in a single village.
1x Medium - Telepathic. Each night can select another player and open an anonymous chat with them. That player does NOT have to be alive in-game. The same player cannot be selected two days in a row. The Medium can continue to make chats after dying. They will be able to make a chat for the three game days after they are killed, and then they are put into dead chat.
1x Heat Man - Each day, you may choose secretly to withhold your vote, so that it counts as zero for that day. If you withhold your vote for a day, your vote will count as two votes the following day. If you withhold your vote on two consecutive days, your vote will be count as four votes on the third day. You may not withhold your vote for three consecutive days. You have until twelve hours prior to lynch to make this determination.
1x Emerl - Each night, may select any role in the OP. At dawn, the Moderator will inform Emerl as to which village the targeted role is in. A role can never be requested more than once and hidden villager traits are not roles. If Emerl selects a role that has players in multiple villages (for example, masons), then Emerl will be informed of one random village that contains the target role. Emerl does not get an N0 view.
1x Psychiatrist - As a Night Action, can "Psychoanalyze" another player. If that player has been affected by the Mummy or the Zombie, then they are healed. If that player has NOT been affected by the Mummy or the Zombie, then they lose their vote for the next day only (due to massive confusion). If the Psychiatrist targets a player the same night as either the Mummy or Zombie, that player will lose their vote the next day because of psychic trauma but regain full control of their vote after that. If the Psychiatrist targets the Cleric, they lose their vote for the next day regardless of any past Zombie/Mummy targeting because the Cleric is immune to those abilities.
1x GhostUndead- No active abilities while alive. After the Ghost dies, each night, can target a player and have a chat with them for the next day. The Ghost will only get one chat a day per number of remaining villages, but they will get a chat every day until the game ends. The Ghost will be alias'd as "Ghost" in the chat.
1x Mover - As a Dawn action, can Move players from any one village to any other village. This ability does not give him the right to read other village threads, simply move people around among them. He can move any player that is alive, to include himself. He can move anyone from any village to any other village. The Mover cannot send someone to an abandoned village. Gets to move one person for every two functioning villages (rounding up).
1x Gunsmith - The Gunsmith starts the game with 5 guns. Each night, they may choose to give out a gun, with the exception of Night 0. They cannot give themselves a gun or repeat targets ever. See gun rules below for how guns work.
1x Hobo - As a Dawn action, can Move to any other village. The Hobo cannot go to an abandoned village.
1x Loudmouth - If Loudmouth is killed via any means other than lynch, then the source of his death is announced in-thread. If he is killed by Wolves, the wolf that put in the order will be revealed. If the Sneaky Wolf kills the Loudmouth, their death is announced but no murderer is. Only the name of the player will be revealed. Alignment and role will NOT be revealed.
1x Armor - As a night action, may target another player. This player is bodyguard-protected but also witch-blocked and any actions that player performs will fail. If Armor targets a lone wolf, that wolf will not be able to perform a Night Kill. If the Martyr and the Armor protect the same player, the Armor's protection takes priority. Neither player will be informed of the redundant protection. The Armor cannot repeat targets two nights in a row.
1x Cleric – The Cleric has a “View for Undead” ability. The Cleric is immune to all Undead abilities except the Grim Reaper’s VK. All votes against an undead will be of double strength if the Cleric is voting on the Undead. The Cleric's View ability will not function at dawn if he was voting on an undead the previous dusk. The Cleric will get a hit on the Tinker. Because the Cleric is immune to Undead, they will not be added to the RNG pool for the Ghost/Evil Ghost as opposed to being a valid RNG option and the chat just not forming. A dead Medium may still chat with the Cleric because they are Dead but not Undead.
1x Van Helsing – Van Helsing starts the game in the thread with the most or second most Undead roles. Each night, excluding N0, Van Helsing may target one player. The first time he targets an Undead player (of either alignment), they die. The second time, he takes away their ability and makes them a vanilla version of their role, which they are informed of. The third time, he learned that they are Undead. After that, his duty is done, and he is just a regular Villager. Until that point, he reveals as Van Helsing. After that, he reveals as Villager (Van Helsing). If Van Helsing targets The Monster for a kill while the Monster is invulnerable, nothing happens and the kill is not used. If he targets The Monster while he is Tough, the Tough and kill are both consumed.
1x Sasquatch- If there is ever a No Lynch in the Sasquatch's village, the person he is voting on is also considered to be lynched. This means that if he is voting on someone that is Tough that is also the primary lynch leader, that person will be doubletapped and die.


??x Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers, with the following listed exceptions. These attributes are all hidden (the player is unaware of their attribute).
1x Tinker - Pure Tinker - will provide a positive view to any "View For" order. If Viewed by a Seer, will get "Wolf". If viewed by the Insane Seer, will get "Undead". If viewed by the Mentalist, will always get "Same Team" regardless of the other person. Everything else will provide a "Positive" result. Notice that this Tinker does not 'reverse views'. It always provides the same result, regardless of all other considerations.
1x Dr. Boom - When Dr. Boom is killed, they will blow up the last living player that they ended with their vote on. For example, if they voted for RoyalApe, then Tokah, then ljtrigirl the previous day and LJ was lynched and Tokah was NKed, then they will take out RoyalApe with them. Metavote protection: This power excludes everyone's very first vote of the game, so feel free to enjoy a metavote without having to worry about it blowing up in your face later.
1x Pacifist. This player's vote will always count for nothing. Even the psychiatrist cannot "heal" the pacifist.
1x Memory. This player is actually 'dead' at game start. While dead (the first time), their vote does not count. For all other purposes, they are treated as a living player. When they are lynched or NK'd, they are 'remembered' and are considered a living, breathing player with a vote that will now function. The second time they are lynched or NK'd, they die for real.
1x Apprentice Seer. This player will promote to Seer if one of the regular Seers (not Cassandra) dies on Day 1, Night 1, or Day 2. If neither of the Seers die during that window, the Apprentice Seer will never promote.
1x Hobo. The Hobo villager will have a 20% chance of moving to another village at Dawn. They can move multiple times during the game.
1x Martial Artist. Can only be killed by Lynch and Night Kill.
1x Jester. The Jester will reveal as the identity of any other player who has not already died.
1x Gunwielding. Starting on N1, the Gunwielding Villager has a 30% chance each night of gaining a gun. Once they gain a gun once, they won't get any more.
1x Politician. Starts the game with a -3 vote value (as in, it takes three extra votes against the politician just to get them to "zero votes"). This value increases by 1 each day that a Team Good player is the lynch target (in the Politician's village), to a maximum of +2. Basically, it takes more work to kill the politician at the beginning of the game.
1x Avenging Angel. After the Avenging Angel is killed by any means, they will have the opportunity to kill another player in the game at dusk on the next day in their village. If their village collapses between their death and the next dusk, they will be able to kill any players that were in their village at the time of their death, regardless of their new locations. They will not be added to dead chat until this kill is used.
- All Special Villagers will reveal as their assigned roles, not as 'villager' (obviously not the Jester).

Evil Roles:

??x Werewolves - The werewolves know who the other Werewolves are, but not any of their abilities. One of the two conditions will apply to determine who can perform a night kill action:
1. All Werewolf Packs will each get a single Night Kill that must be attributed to an individual werewolf each night. Night Kills must be attributed to a werewolf in the thread that their kill takes place.
2. All lone Werewolves will have their own Night Kill ability.
Each Werewolf has their own ability:
- Big Bad Wolf (gets an optional second Night Kill every night; the second Night Kill target must be adjacent to the first Night Kill target in the active players list in Cassandra)
- Brutal Werewolf (Brutal is mandatory)
- Tough Werewolf
- Gunwielding Werewolf (Starts the game with a Gun)
- Sneaky Werewolf (will provide a negative result to the Insomniac or Seer, cannot be seen by the Witness, will provide Team Good-based results for the Mentalist)
- Hobo Werewolf (has the ability to move between villages, cannot move to a collapsed village)
- Psychic Werewolf (Telepathic, as per the Medium listed above)
- Jester Werewolf (Will reveal as any other currently living player)
- Ancient Werewolf (counts double for parity)
- Pack Werewolf - every day, the Pack Wolf 'attaches' himself to another Werewolf. In doing so, he creates a "pack chat" for his new pack. That chat is only relevant as long as he is 'packed' to the other Werewolf. He can choose the Werewolf manually or he can allow the RNG to choose. If the RNG is used, then the Pack Werewolf gains the relevant abilities of the wolf he joins. If he attaches to another Wolf Pack, he is added to their Pack Chat instead of creating a Pack Chat. The Pack Werewolf's N0 Pack will be random, not selected.
- Mutator (as a Dawn action, chooses the ability he has until the following dawn - cannot repick tough if he chooses tough and then loses that point of tough – is able to choose an ability from all above Werewolves). Mutator does not get an N0 choice. He is a vanilla Werewolf until Dawn, D2. The Mutator cannot choose the same Werewolf role a second time until they've copied every other role first.
- Werewolf Cub - assigned a Werewolf in as a "mentor" (selected randomly out of all werewolves in the Cub's starting village). Can promote to full Werewolf and gain the ability to Night Kill in the case of the death of any Werewolf. If the Werewolf Cub is killed prior to promotion, the Cub's mentor gets a second Night Kill at the next occurring Midnight. Will provide a Human view to a Seer prior to promotion.
1x Mummy - Undead- As a night action, can choose a player to hypnotize. Will hypnotize players, forcing them to vote with him if powered up. The Mummy does NOT get an N0. The Mummy has the ability to ‘power up’ during the day, up until 5 minutes before lynch. If the Mummy power ups, everyone they have hypnotized votes with them at the same point in LHLV order. The moved votes will show up on the adjusted tally. If the mummy does not power up, they cannot hypnotize anyone at dawn.
1x Evil Gunsmith - The Evil Gunsmith starts the game with 5 guns. Each night, they may choose to give out a gun, with the exception of Night 0. See gun rules below for how guns work.
1x Zombie - Undead- As a night action, can choose to eat the brains of any player. A player who has had their brains eaten will no longer have any vote strength. They can still vote, but their vote won't be included in the final tally. (If the Zombie targets the Mummy, the Mummy's targets will still vote with the Mummy - only the Mummy's vote will stop counting.) After the Zombie is killed, they can continue to post after death. They have a one-post limit between Dawn and Dusk, but no limit between Dusk and Dawn. If the village they are inhabiting collapses, the Zombie will move to a random open village. The Zombie will not be spoiler'd. The Zombie does NOT get an N0.
1x Evil GhostUndead- No active abilities while alive. After the Evil Ghost dies, each night, can target a player and have a chat with them for the next day. The Evil Ghost will only get one chat a day per remaining village, but they will get a chat every day until the game ends. The Evil Ghost will be alias'd as "Ghost" in the chat.
1x Grim ReaperUndead- Every time 10% of the game population dies, the Grim Reaper gets to perform a Vigilante Kill. The Grim Reaper will be given the number of dead that is required at N0 and after performing his VK. The 10% count is re-calculated when needed. If the Grim Reaper targets a Werewolf, the VK does not function and he will have to re-target the following night. Note that the Grim Reaper can never have more than one VK a night.
1x WraithUndead- If targeted by Game Orders three times, gains a Vigilante Kill ability. All non-Night Kill game orders will power this. This can occur more than once, if targeted enough times. The VK ability is a Dawn power.
1x Dr. Frankenstein (Lich)Undead- Dr. Frankenstein has a OPG Vigilante ability. This is a Midnight power. If the target of the ability is Frankenstein's Monster, the Monster dies, regardless of any other consideration. If the target is NOT Frankenstein's Monster, it is a standard Vigilante Kill (will remove a tough, for example, but can't be stopped by the Martyr). Also, the Doctor will be killed in addition to the target. Dr. Frankenstein inherits the abilities of the following Aux Evils when those Auxes die: Mummy's Hypnotize, Zombie Brains, Wraith Kill, Evil Mover Moves, Witch Block, VP of Comms View/Message,
1x Vice President of Corporate Communications - Counts for Evil Parity. Views for Aux Evil (gets hits on any Team Evil role that does not count for Evil parity). May send one anonymous message to any player each night (universal, applicable to all villages). May send one additional anonymous message a night, but only to any of the aux's that he has previously viewed.
1x Evil Mover - As a Dawn action, can Move one player from any one village to any other village. This ability does not give him the right to read other village threads, simply move people around among them. He can move any player that is alive, to include himself. He can move anyone from any village to any other village. The Evil Mover cannot send someone to an abandoned village. Gets to move one person for every two functioning villages (rounding up).
1x Witch - The Witch has the ability each night to Block a Team Good Night Action. The Witch will not be informed if her Block is successful or not. The Witch cannot target the same player two nights in a row. Note that the Witch should select her target prior to Midnight to be most effective. The Witch gets an Alignment View of her target immediately after dawn.
1x Cold Man - Each day, you may choose secretly to withhold your vote, so that it counts as zero for that day. If you withhold your vote for a day, your vote will count as two votes the following day. If you withhold your vote on two consecutive days, your vote will be count as four votes on the third day. You may not withhold your vote for three consecutive days. You have until twelve hours prior to lynch to make this determination.
1x Sasquatch Hunter- You start in a different village from the Sasquatch. Each night, you may choose to move yourself as a night action. If you move to the same village as the Sasquatch, you will be informed that you've found their tracks. Once per game, you may kill someone. If you kill the Sasquatch, you will promote to being a Werewolf.
1x Shapeshifter- Undead- On N0, the Shapeshifter will learn all of the Aux Evil roles in the OP that aren't present in the game. By D1 dusk, they must pick one of them to become. They will reveal as Undead regardless of the role they pick.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule Errata and Role Interactions

Undead

All roles marked Undead in the post above view and reveal as Undead, so their exact role will not be revealed when they die. A Jester role that copies an Undead role will also reveal as Undead when they die and not the role they copy. All Aux Evils that are Undead will give hits to the Aux Seer. Undead Aux Evils have a single point of Wolf Night Kill tough that gets consumed the first time a werewolf pack night kills them.

Guns

Players given guns may shoot them at dusk or midnight. Guns will not backfire or have a chance of failing. All players shooting guns will be announced at said deadline (EX: Two shots ring out. ljtrigirl and RoyalApe have fired guns at dusk today.), but it will not be announced who they shot or which deaths occurred because of guns. All guns are a single use and will disappear after being shot. A person can only hold one gun at a time, and if a player dies with a gun or would be given a second gun while already holding one, the guns are lost. GUN SHOTS CANNOT BE CHANGED, so make sure you're really ready when you shoot your gun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Logistics:

Deadlines

There will be some number of starting villages with different timelines. Each village will have the same basic format:

x:00:59- Dusk! Votes stamped x:00 will count, ones stamped x:01 will not.
x:29:59- Midnight! This is when the kills happen. Lethal and protective orders must be submitted by then.
x:59:59- Dawn! All other orders are due then.

There will be no posting periods while we are processing each window. Posting during a no posting window will earn a frowny face. If you do it a second time during the game, you will become a vanilla version of your role. If there is game changing information (including claims and the like), you will be modkilled and potentially suffer additional consequences without warning. This includes all deadlines.

Villages
The starting villages are:
TBD

Moving
Moving will happen throughout the game. You will move out of threads at Dawn of whatever your starting thread was and will get any and all night actions in that thread. You will then immediately be able to read and vote in your new thread. If you move to a later thread, you will NOT be able to reuse any night actions you previously used, but your vote will count in the later thread.

Adjusted Tallies

Adjusted Tallies will be posted at dusk in each village along with the night kill. If any abilities cause there to be partial votes, they will be rounded down. Only players that receive votes in the EOD Cassandra tally and players receiving a least 1 full vote after all manipulation is taken into account will be listed in the final tally. We will endeavor to still list everyone in LHLV order, but patience is requested if we misorder some of the lower numbers of votes (like if 6 people all receive 1 vote). It will be posted in the following format:

Adjusted Tally:
ljtrigirl 6
RoyalApe 5
TFang 5
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Submit your requests here!

You can request:
- Starting village lynch times
- Starting in the low posting village
- Role re-rolls
- Start village people assignments

We'll roll the game, and then take everyone that got a role type that they requested to re-roll and re-roll that pool of people and roles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hold for ???

(You may now post!)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
First! meeple
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
This hairstyle was fun for a day, but tooooo much hair for my tastes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please note the scheduling is subject to change, we're not aiming to compete with 2mill. =)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Please note the scheduling is subject to change, we're not aiming to compete with 2mill. =)


I don't think I can compete with you guys TBH
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher D.
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra, for her bloodbath.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
if I'm Andy, is Zack April? seems right...
badge
"When I get bummed out, I take my shirt off because the bad feelings make me feel sweaty."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth BK
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
...maybe?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darkness
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Live for the moments you can't put into words
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hell yeah!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tentative role list, game logistics, and requests are in the OP! We're still nailing down some details around some of the OP roles, but in general, we've got the following changes:

- We reworked how the Seer types work across the board, including turning the Insane Seer into a IS/Oracle combo called Cassandra.
- We took out neutrals and the conversion roles.
- Roles have had a high % of randomness to them in the past have less randomness.
- Now with 100% more guns!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
lol yes i am teh stabbr
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please, please, please! Do NOT use Hannibal! It's way overpowered, as was demonstrated in previous games. Instead use something more like my original version of the Gourmet Werewolf: If the villager he targets is not a special, he doesn't eat him - no NK. "It offends my gourmet taste buds to eat a plain, ordinary villager." For every two specials eaten, gains a point of Tough.

Waiting to see the gun rules.

Why would the Mummy ever *not* power up?

And if both the Zombie and Mummy are informed of all the werewolves, team good will be losing vote power very rapidly. (And the Lich.)

Seems like there's an awful lot of false alignment reveals in this role set. Makes the alignment/role viewing powers a lot less useful/reliable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
Please, please, please! Do NOT use Hannibal! It's way overpowered, as was demonstrated in previous games. Instead use something more like my original version of the Gourmet Werewolf: If the villager he targets is not a special, he doesn't eat him - no NK. "It offends my gourmet taste buds to eat a plain, ordinary villager." For every two specials eaten, gains a point of Tough.

Waiting to see the gun rules.

Why would the Mummy ever *not* power up?

And if both the Zombie and Mummy are informed of all the werewolves, team good will be losing vote power very rapidly. (And the Lich.)

Seems like there's an awful lot of false alignment reveals in this role set. Makes the alignment/role viewing powers a lot less useful/reliable.


We will discuss gourmet but don't like idea of a wolf that can fail that often. And gaining multiple toughs is also something I don't really want in the game. Toughs make games drag out. And are very strong for evil.

Hannibal was overpowered because of the Dr strangelove role that has been removed. If anybody sees a potential overpowered combination, please speak up.

I do think mummy and zombie could use tweaking. We will discuss those for sure.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my original post regarding the Gourmet Werewolf:

Quote:
Gourmet Werewolf - Villagers with special abilities just taste better than regular ones. After selecting your night kill, the moderator will tell you if it's a regular villager, and if so, you can choose not to eat him. Each time you eat a villager with a special ability, you gain a point of Tough. Accumulated points of Tough do not apply to the Brutal ability of the victim you just ate, but they do apply to the Brutals of those eaten by other wolves. Villagers with special stuff unknown to them (like Jester, Pacifist, Idiot) do not count as specials. And if something prevents the villager from being eaten, you don't gain a tough, even if it was a special. Of course the Martyr *is* a special, so if the Martyr dies to save someone else from you, that counts. Tough points are gained only from specials that aren't on your team. So only Team Good specials, or in a game with a separate undead team, Undead specials would also count.
Options:
* Undead don't count, even if they are an opposing team.
* If one point of Tough for each special is too powerful, you could make it one point of Tough for every other special eaten. So the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc.
* If you select a non-special, it could be a 50% random chance of not eating him, instead of your choice.
* Or it could be that you *can't* eat non-specials, If you pick one, you don't get the night kill.

But yeah, gaining multiple toughs is, uh, tough. But it seems to me that gaining all the abilities of the specials you eat is also too strong. He certainly shouldn't gain the Prince's special ability. What if he gains Heinrich's ability? How does he gain a Mason's ability? Or a Lover's? Or the Town Crier? And there's no point in gaining the Seer's special ability, since he already knows who the other werewolves are.

So here's an alternate: He doesn't eat plain villagers. If he targets a plain villager, he doesn't eat. If he targets a Special Good, then he also eats a random plain villager in addition (assuming there is at least one left in the village). If he targets an Aux Evil, then he just eats that one guy. Thus, he might fail and kill no one, or he might double kill, if he finds a tasty special.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Tuesday
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Merry Christmas!
badge
Whatever you do will be insignificent. But it is very important that you do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In for another nuke. I don't care if the roleset doesn't have one, I'll find a way!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
This was my original post regarding the Gourmet Werewolf:

Quote:
Gourmet Werewolf - Villagers with special abilities just taste better than regular ones. After selecting your night kill, the moderator will tell you if it's a regular villager, and if so, you can choose not to eat him. Each time you eat a villager with a special ability, you gain a point of Tough. Accumulated points of Tough do not apply to the Brutal ability of the victim you just ate, but they do apply to the Brutals of those eaten by other wolves. Villagers with special stuff unknown to them (like Jester, Pacifist, Idiot) do not count as specials. And if something prevents the villager from being eaten, you don't gain a tough, even if it was a special. Of course the Martyr *is* a special, so if the Martyr dies to save someone else from you, that counts. Tough points are gained only from specials that aren't on your team. So only Team Good specials, or in a game with a separate undead team, Undead specials would also count.
Options:
* Undead don't count, even if they are an opposing team.
* If one point of Tough for each special is too powerful, you could make it one point of Tough for every other special eaten. So the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc.
* If you select a non-special, it could be a 50% random chance of not eating him, instead of your choice.
* Or it could be that you *can't* eat non-specials, If you pick one, you don't get the night kill.

But yeah, gaining multiple toughs is, uh, tough. But it seems to me that gaining all the abilities of the specials you eat is also too strong. He certainly shouldn't gain the Prince's special ability. What if he gains Heinrich's ability? How does he gain a Mason's ability? Or a Lover's? Or the Town Crier? And there's no point in gaining the Seer's special ability, since he already knows who the other werewolves are.

So here's an alternate: He doesn't eat plain villagers. If he targets a plain villager, he doesn't eat. If he targets a Special Good, then he also eats a random plain villager in addition (assuming there is at least one left in the village). If he targets an Aux Evil, then he just eats that one guy. Thus, he might fail and kill no one, or he might double kill, if he finds a tasty special.


Absolutely agree on the Prince. Heinrich is something that needs to be discussed.

As for Mason - the wolf would join the chat.

Lover - join the chat and die with the lovers.

Town Crier - their role would be announced to the thread.

And eating a seer isn't a bonus for Hannibal - but is that a bad thing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Tuesday
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Merry Christmas!
badge
Whatever you do will be insignificent. But it is very important that you do it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Tentative role list, game logistics, and requests are in the OP! We're still nailing down some details around some of the OP roles, but in general, we've got the following changes:

- We reworked how the Seer types work across the board, including turning the Insane Seer into a IS/Oracle combo called Cassandra.
- We took out neutrals and the conversion roles.
- Roles have had a high % of randomness to them in the past have less randomness.
- Now with 100% more guns!


For Cassandra, is the Oracle view also Insane?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quaseymoto wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Tentative role list, game logistics, and requests are in the OP! We're still nailing down some details around some of the OP roles, but in general, we've got the following changes:

- We reworked how the Seer types work across the board, including turning the Insane Seer into a IS/Oracle combo called Cassandra.
- We took out neutrals and the conversion roles.
- Roles have had a high % of randomness to them in the past have less randomness.
- Now with 100% more guns!


For Cassandra, is the Oracle view also Insane?


No, Oracle reveal is true.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
super genius
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
You're the bomb and you got a dope soul and hella ethics.
badge
One time, at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Jacksonville, but the nice one, not the one above the gas station, I ate 50 jalapeño poppers in two minutes. Everyone at the hospital was so impressed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah I am definitely not reading all those roles.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
badge
When we get bored we like to sit around, sit around and stare at at the werewolves, at the seers, at the auxen, at the villys.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
This was my original post regarding the Gourmet Werewolf:

Quote:
Gourmet Werewolf - Villagers with special abilities just taste better than regular ones. After selecting your night kill, the moderator will tell you if it's a regular villager, and if so, you can choose not to eat him. Each time you eat a villager with a special ability, you gain a point of Tough. Accumulated points of Tough do not apply to the Brutal ability of the victim you just ate, but they do apply to the Brutals of those eaten by other wolves. Villagers with special stuff unknown to them (like Jester, Pacifist, Idiot) do not count as specials. And if something prevents the villager from being eaten, you don't gain a tough, even if it was a special. Of course the Martyr *is* a special, so if the Martyr dies to save someone else from you, that counts. Tough points are gained only from specials that aren't on your team. So only Team Good specials, or in a game with a separate undead team, Undead specials would also count.
Options:
* Undead don't count, even if they are an opposing team.
* If one point of Tough for each special is too powerful, you could make it one point of Tough for every other special eaten. So the 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc.
* If you select a non-special, it could be a 50% random chance of not eating him, instead of your choice.
* Or it could be that you *can't* eat non-specials, If you pick one, you don't get the night kill.

But yeah, gaining multiple toughs is, uh, tough. But it seems to me that gaining all the abilities of the specials you eat is also too strong. He certainly shouldn't gain the Prince's special ability. What if he gains Heinrich's ability? How does he gain a Mason's ability? Or a Lover's? Or the Town Crier? And there's no point in gaining the Seer's special ability, since he already knows who the other werewolves are.

So here's an alternate: He doesn't eat plain villagers. If he targets a plain villager, he doesn't eat. If he targets a Special Good, then he also eats a random plain villager in addition (assuming there is at least one left in the village). If he targets an Aux Evil, then he just eats that one guy. Thus, he might fail and kill no one, or he might double kill, if he finds a tasty special.


Absolutely agree on the Prince. Heinrich is something that needs to be discussed.

As for Mason - the wolf would join the chat.

Lover - join the chat and die with the lovers.

Town Crier - their role would be announced to the thread.

And eating a seer isn't a bonus for Hannibal - but is that a bad thing?


I think we just make it a one time use of every power he eats. So if he eats Prince, he survives one lynch. If he eats Heinrich, he gets to give out one bomb that goes off when he dies. etc

I also think it's important that HE has to do the eating. That's a big change from the previous runs, where wolf packs have to designate a wolf to do the kill.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.