BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Cassandra's Bloodbath rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
Please, please, please! Do NOT use Hannibal! It's way overpowered, as was demonstrated in previous games. Instead use something more like my original version of the Gourmet Werewolf: If the villager he targets is not a special, he doesn't eat him - no NK. "It offends my gourmet taste buds to eat a plain, ordinary villager." For every two specials eaten, gains a point of Tough.

Waiting to see the gun rules.

Why would the Mummy ever *not* power up?

And if both the Zombie and Mummy are informed of all the werewolves, team good will be losing vote power very rapidly. (And the Lich.)

Seems like there's an awful lot of false alignment reveals in this role set. Makes the alignment/role viewing powers a lot less useful/reliable.

I don't really understand the last comment about the false alignment reveals. We took a few of them out from the last run and changed some of the ways GSes work to better to be able to identify undead/Auxes.

The Zombie and Mummy being informed will be changed. I didn't actually realize they were listed as being so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I also think it's important that HE has to do the eating. That's a big change from the previous runs, where wolf packs have to designate a wolf to do the kill.
I don't understand the difference? Is a single wolf making the kills in both instances? Or does the power only trigger for lone wolf kills?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madelineb wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
I also think it's important that HE has to do the eating. That's a big change from the previous runs, where wolf packs have to designate a wolf to do the kill.
I don't understand the difference? Is a single wolf making the kills in both instances? Or does the power only trigger for lone wolf kills?

Off the top of my head, the main things that it impacts are:
- Big Bad must do their pack's kill to get the double kill
- Witness learns the wolf identity that the pack designates instead of a random wolf from that pack

And then the gourmet wolf only gets powers if they're the one doing the kill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated to the rules to include basic overviews of Guns and Undead.

We're still working on some of the roles though. The final version won't be up until we know the final playercount, and we're still discussing how the Undead and Werewolves fit together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Burr
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Blue meeples FTW!
badge
I'm so blue.
mbmbmbmbmb
egburr wrote:

Hesitant to do this, because I've been having trouble focusing on keeping up with PBF games. But I just can't pass on this, so I'm giving it a shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uatu-o-Lantern
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Undead

All roles marked Undead in the post above view and reveal as Undead, so their exact role will not be revealed when they die.
The only roles listed that are actually *marked* as undead are the two Fungal Lords. I assume that both Ghosts, the Mummy, Zombie, Wraith, Lich, Grim Reaper, and Frankenstein's Monster are also Undead. What about Hollowman? Slenderman? Coldman? Golem? Any others?

Quote:
Guns
Can the Gunsmiths give guns to themselves? I assume not. Can the same player get a second gun after using the first? What happens if more than one player shoots the same target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're going to update the Undead at some point, but that will be clear before we start, as will the exact mechanisms of how often people can get guns. It'll be dependent on the final player count.

Multiple gun shots are treated as normal multiple kill attempts and will least through toughs or just be wasted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
I'm stealthy, like a ninja.
badge
I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but it turns out I’m actually a pretty damn good babysitter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I missed this note, but is this a "definitely start on Dec 3rd" or are you wanting to hit a player min to start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg wrote:
Sorry if I missed this note, but is this a "definitely start on Dec 3rd" or are you wanting to hit a player min to start?

Definitely start the 3rd barring mod schedule stuff that makes it go a day or two late.

Hopefully we'll get a bunch more people, but if not, it'll be a tiny bloodbath!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the category re-roll thing?

Is it if you are given a category and you dont want it then itll be re-rolled until the role isnt in that category?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samool wrote:

Is it if you are given a category and you dont want it then itll be re-rolled until the role isnt in that category?

No. We roll the game once, then take everyone that got a category they didn't want and reroll those people once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Samool wrote:

No. We roll the game once, then take everyone that got a category they didn't want and reroll those people once.

Oh thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crafting Table
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a terrible way to read Korte FWIW.
badge
Korte is STILL a black hole on d3.
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Questioning if I should join
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I have famously huge turds!
badge
I have famously huge turds!
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven1207 wrote:

Yes. The answer is yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Live for the moments you can't put into words
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven1207 wrote:

YAH!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uatu-o-Lantern
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for the role set to be revised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:

The role set won't be revised until we have a final player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Wilson
msg tools
ljtrigirl wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:

The role set won't be revised until we have a final player count.

I see you cut my personal contribution to the massacre series...doctor Strangelove.

Can't say I'm happy about that, but not every mod has the stones to go full Strangelove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt J
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I just started concocting an unlikely fake claim on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uatu-o-Lantern
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As the guy who invented the Gourmet Wolf, I think I can objectively say it was a bad idea. I am in no way biased toward my own idea. I come up with a lot of ideas (on many games), and I post a lot of them on BGG. My percentage of good ideas and bad ideas is probably about the same as anyone else's, and for any game, and even for fields unrelated to games.

If you come up with 10 ideas, chances are 5 of them will be utter crap, 3 of them will be mediocre to passible, 1 will be fairly good, and 1 will be really good. When I post ideas, I try my best to filter out the crappy ones and even the mediocre ones, but occasionally one sneaks through the filter.

If all you have is one idea, chances are it won't be good. If you have 100 ideas, you might get a dozen really good ones, and maybe even one great one - but you don't have to show anyone the other 87. And of course, you can't always be sure which ones are which.

With regard to inventing new WW roles, it has always seemed to me that every new wolf role makes the wolves much stronger, but any new villager role makes the villagers only a tiny bit stronger - at best. Some, such as the Insane Seer and Idiot, make the villagers weaker, and others, while potentially strong, may "misfire" and do more harm that good for the villagers, such as the Psychiatrist, Heinrich, etc. Are there any evil roles that weaken their side? Are there any wolf roles that can backfire on the wolves?

With the Gourmet Wolf, I wanted a wolf role that would work in a different way, but wouldn't be more that just slightly stronger than a plain wolf, on average. Maybe instead of accumulating points of Tough for eating special villagers, he only gains the point of tough temporarily - it only lasts until the following dusk. Essentially, if the Gourmet eats a special, he can't be lynched the next day. (But he could still be killed by a Brutal or a Gun or some other NK ability.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Wilson
msg tools
Phil, while I can agree that the Gourmet wolf was overpowered I don't see any balance issues with a role that can destroy an entire village 1/5 of the time. Though I will say it should have been specified that nobody can survive the atomic holocaust. No tough, armor or immunity can prevent the purifying fire of nuclear annihilation.

(I'm being sarcastic. Mostly.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Gourmet Werewolf is fine with limitations, and that's definitely something that we do intent to adjust. They must be the one to put in the NK, not their pack. Our current options for limiting it are either:

1) They count as whatever role they kill for the next cycle (the next day/night).
2) They copy all abilities of GSes they eat, but they only gain one use of repeated abilities. So if they copy a Seer, they get one view. If they copy Armor, they get one protect/block. Etc.

In general, evils are supposed to be more powerful, but there are fewer of them. That's an underlying premise of the game. The powerful, informed majority vs the uninformed minority. Evils will pack more of a punch inherently because there will be 2-3 times the number of goods than evils. Because there are so many goods, their abilities are diluted a bit across the sheer number of them. It's all a balancing act, and while it's INCREDIBLY hard to balance a roleset this size, don't undervalue things like confirmed masons, Insane Seers, etc. Even the idiot villager. All of them have an upside in addition to its downsides. A wolf view from the Insane Seer means that the person isn't a wolf and is therefore mostly out of the Wolf Pool, just like a Human view means they're *probably* evil. An idiot villager can be identified and cleared from being evil by looking at the adjusted tallies that are posted. So even though it sucks that their vote is irrelevant, they can eventually become a cleared villager, which reduces the mislynch pool for evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |