BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Cassandra's Bloodbath rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
madelineb wrote:
Quote:
Adjusted Tallies will be posted at dusk in each village along with the night kill.

Tallies at midnight with the kills, or dusk with the lynch?

Dusk with lynch.

Does it say midnight anywhere?
Not in the tally section, I just got confused from the "night kill" part.

Phil--an oracle view is a view that targets someone and reveals that person's full role to the game when the oracle dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
So can the Gunsmiths give guns to themselves?

Is there any reason why the Mummy wouldn't "Power Up" every day?

No.

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
1x Insane Seer/Oracle (Cassandra) - Each night receives a vision of a target player, as per the Seer, above. Cassandra will get a nature reveal that is ALWAYS incorrect. NOTE: Cassandra will not be informed to their insanity. The player role will read "Seer". (Cassandra may get wolf or undead for the Sneaky Wolf.) Will reveal as Cassandra. When Cassandra dies, she gets an Oracle view on a player that will be announced to EVERY thread, along with the message that Cassandra has died. Because of this, all Seers will have an Oracle view, but only Cassandra's will do anything. Cassandra does not receive an N0 view.
Am I correct in assuming that "Oracle view" is a synonym for "Seer view"?

No, the Oracle view is separate.
OK, so then what's an Oracle view?

It's a role view that gets posted to the thread when the Oracle dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth BK
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Work got too busy for me to justify signing up. Enjoy everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
As roles are handed out and Cassy chats are active, no more game-related posting in this thread from players. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify, don't post in your subthreads until they dawn, either. Do come to Cassy, see your role, and chat with us there, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
N0 information is still being passed out. Feel free to ask about it - but if you don't have any, it likely means that we just haven't gotten to it yet.

Everybody DOES have a role though. Listed on the main cassy page.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless your role has a n0, you don't have any special message welcoming you to your mod chat. However, mod chats are named by role.

All villager mod chats are styled, "Mod chat - Villager Name".
All wolf mod chats are styled, "Mod chat - Wolf Name".

All other roles mod chats are styled "Mod chat - Name the (Alignment) Role". Alignment will always be listed if there are roles that can be either alignment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless your role action is something that specifically CAN cross villages (ie - Movers, Ghosts, Medium, Psychic Wolf, VP of Corp Comm) - then your actions must target players in your OWN village.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Villages are Dawning at their normal start times - so Village 1 just dawned. Other villages will begin later in the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no roles that receive N0 actions in this game. Any references to N0 actions/results are an editing oversight and will be cleaned up.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Any of my other games you feel like appropriating without even trying to talk to me first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
I'm stealthy, like a ninja.
badge
I may be a pretty shitty boyfriend, but it turns out I’m actually a pretty damn good babysitter.
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
Any of my other games you feel like appropriating without even trying to talk to me first?

An an outsider, I want you to know they reached out to the group and pitched this game as a spiritual successor to Massacre.

I am confident that they meant no ill will and are just looking to have another fun game for everyone to enjoy. I hope you are not taking offense. We all appreciate the hard work you have put into developing the community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Heisenberg wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:

An an outsider, I want you to know they reached out to the group and pitched this game as a spiritual successor to Massacre.

I am confident that they meant no ill will and are just looking to have another fun game for everyone to enjoy. I hope you are not taking offense. We all appreciate the hard work you have put into developing the community.

Fantastic. However, I have been active recently. I have even been contacted in the past about games, sometimes saying yes, sometimes saying no. LJ herself has even asked me about using game material.

No one said word one about this to me. Hell, no one even posted in the last massacre thread in order to drum up support. That, to me, feels as though they are avoiding me.

I am amazingly disappointed and I do feel disrespected. "Spiritual successor", my butt. The rules and roles are stolen liberally from my game. No one even tried asking me about what was basically "my shtick" for the last several years and re-implementing it. I am taking offense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Ling. I'm not sure how you missed our multiple direct messages. The game has also been up for sign ups and well advertised for more than a month. I'm not really sure what more on our part we could have done to contact you, and we definitely haven't been sneaky. Certainly, the main information thread for a game in progress of over fifty people isn't the place to argue about that, though.

I do want to take the opportunity to talk a little about what Cassandra's Bloodbath is and isn't, though, and then there will be some more game info directly afterwards. =)

Cassandra's Bloodbath is a community event. What you've done over the years is get an entire community in the rhythm of showing up at the end of each year (even if that has been a very WW-lite year) to get together, slaughter each other, and feel that pull of the extended family that is BGG Werewolf. We're very grateful for the work you put in to facilitate that growing tradition, and over the years it has become one of the things we most look forward to! I personally owe my WWing existence to Massacre 3. So it should be no suprise that the continuation of that tradition is a strong homage to the Massacre series. There is no disrespect to you in this game, quite the opposite. I can't know how much of that will survive the evolutions and experimentations of the future, I only hope to be here for them.

Cassandra's Bloodbath also isn't 'our game' - we hope for it to outlive us as mods and for us to get to play in a future iteration of it ourselves. We're also hoping to put together useful documentation for future mods, so that even if we all disappeared from the internet, people would feel free and equipped to run its future evolutions and our holiday traditions will continue as smoothly as possible. Ultimately, it is all the people coming from various walks of life and wolf generations together each year that make this tradition, not the details of what the giant killathon game they celebrate is. We even have people in our replacement chat who realistically can't replace in, but want to be included in that community experience in some way.

Cassandra's Bloodbath isn't Massacre, though. That was a highly refined, spit polish series run with a ton of building experience in the art. As that list I'm about to post that somehow didn't get posted, last minute documentation changes, and lack of beautiful mod chat introductions might suggest - we aren't there, heh. We've done our best to encapsulate the community traditions of this time into the game we've created, though, and to create a fun experience that has the spirit that has brought us together all these years. In doing so, we've threaded the line between co-opting what's yours and keeping what the community has built, with respect to both you and the players that have made the games what they are. I don't know that we've done so perfectly, but it is an effort full heart of and the best of intentions. If everyone has a good time and the spirit of what Massacre was as a game and community experience of gathering each year is honored, that'd be a wonderful outcome.

Now, back to the game. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It came to my attention that somehow the initial villages post never got posted. Rectifying:

Nightshall (1pm dusk)

annab
BlackSheep
davidenkinderen
heisenberg
Kortemaki
kuchick
Quaseymoto
SamNzed
Samool
SerWave
spj91
stonecutter129
Syntax3rror
tern73
Tomotz
Valkerie32
ZenMonkey11

Midnight Hush (3pm dusk)

adiamant
Benesephiir
cvb2009
dejojam1
madelineb
MajaiofDreams
maximumsaximum
mmesich
Netslummer
Oldhoss
Phil Fleischmann
Royalflush
shawnad2006
Tarrant
The_Rorab
TWM03
whirlingdervish
zenofkermit

Dawnbreak (7pm dusk)

4theta
acox89
Amekins
BerenCamlost
Codeia
egburr
Jessicamisty
Littlelamchopx
Misterdeadpool
ortho_
PaperF
Phyton VIII
sarahbobara
Scarlett_O
Smugs
Vanderscamp
xandryyte

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It did get posted here, but it was in the middle of rules questions and updates, so it probably got lost in the shuffle for a handful of people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People that Move Between Villages:

New Village: When players move between Villages, they may immediately post, vote, and be voted upon in their new village. If they have any abilities, those can only be used ONCE per day, so if a player moves to a later village but already used an ability in their first one, they do not get to reuse it. Any abilities that apply to specific days (like Frankenstein's Monster Invulnerability, Heat Man's vote state, the result of being Psychoanalyzed/Hypnitized/Brain Eaten, the result of the Memory dying, the Politician's vote strength change, the Mutator's shift, a doubletap kill because of the Werewolf cub's death, newly triggered ability of the Grim Reaper or Wraith, and the Cold Man's vote strength will ALL BE CONSIDERED THE SAME STATE AS THEIR EARLIER VILLAGE. That means that actions that they or others take on N1 in their village will NOT apply to D1 in a later village. The ONLY abilities that defy this are: the Pack Wolf will remain packed to their new pack instead of the old one and the Sasquatch could trigger two deaths in one day if both of their villages No Lynch. Other than that, you are in the same state on Day 1 everywhere in the game across all villages.

Old Village: Moving is last, so any abilities/views/etc that target someone before they move will still go into effect. You may read anything up to the point that you see the "These players stop reading the thread" notice for 24 hours. Please don't look at the Cassandra game page. You can't get any new information, just revisit your old info for 24 hours. After that, you may not look back at your old village at all.

Communication Between Villages: You may copy and paste the following:
1) Cassandra Project posts
2) Moderator posts
3) Handbooks that contain ONLY objective information. It can include any role flips posted by the mods, mod confirmed information, views presented by players that have died and flipped Seer (etc), and claims made publicly to the thread by players in the game. They CANNOT contain direct quotes from non-moderator players, including claims/views/etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
TFang wrote:
Hi, Ling. I'm not sure how you missed our multiple direct messages. The game has also been up for sign ups and well advertised for more than a month. I'm not really sure what more on our part we could have done to contact you, and we definitely haven't been sneaky.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Do you want a screenshot of my geek mail? Nothing. Not a single gm from anyone about this. Arkham is still running (sorry about that, I'll fix it); did Royal say one word in chat? Nope. Edit in: // hell, lj and royal at one point had my outside email. // So when you say you don't know what more you could have done, my first answer is "anything that might have tried reaching me."

In case you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly active in WW at the moment, so I'm not going to notice random new games in signup. But plinking my subscriptions with a post in the game you're stealing from would have at least got a reaction.

I am wholly disappointed. Even moreso because we talked a good deal about handing off the Hi series. You of all people should have considered my stance on this. And by claiming that my game is part of some larger "forum destiny", you take away every moderator's ownership of their games. Which moderator comes back next to find you've ripped them off and hand-waved away their feelings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
TFang wrote:
Hi, Ling. I'm not sure how you missed our multiple direct messages. The game has also been up for sign ups and well advertised for more than a month. I'm not really sure what more on our part we could have done to contact you, and we definitely haven't been sneaky.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Do you want a screenshot of my geek mail? Nothing. Not a single gm from anyone about this. Arkham is still running (sorry about that, I'll fix it); did Royal say one word in chat? Nope. Edit in: // hell, lj and royal at one point had my outside email. // So when you say you don't know what more you could have done, my first answer is "anything that might have tried reaching me."

In case you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly active in WW at the moment, so I'm not going to notice random new games in signup. But plinking my subscriptions with a post in the game you're stealing from would have at least got a reaction.

I am wholly disappointed. Even moreso because we talked a good deal about handing off the Hi series. You of all people should have considered my stance on this. And by claiming that my game is part of some larger "forum destiny", you take away every moderator's ownership of their games. Which moderator comes back next to find you've ripped them off and hand-waved away their feelings?

Hi Ling! I'm sorry if you genuinely didn't know that we were running this. I would be more than happy to talk to you more in depth about it via GM or after the game, but I think this is a discussion that shouldn't take place in the main game thread while the game is running.

Thanks for understanding! Feel free to shoot me a GM if you want to talk about it more there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dead Players and Limbo

When people die, they go to Limbo chat. It's unspoiled and resets every day at Dawn in the last village (with the exception of D1, which just got lumped into D2). Players may feel free to chat as much as they want in Limbo chat, but keep in mind that everyone in it has to potential to still be able to influence the game.

Players will stay in Limbo until they've been dead for 3 full days. After that, they drop down to Dead Chat, where they can no longer influence the game.

This means that Telepathic roles can target players that have been dead for 3 days or fewer. IE: if someone is lynched on Day 3, they can be targeted through the Dawn of Day 6. On Dawn of Day 7, they will drop out of Limbo and down to Dead Chat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replacements and No Shows

We are confirming and bringing in replacements for No Shows. The following would have happened for any no show night actions:

The following abilities would have been randomized if the seat was absent (with self being an invalid target):

Monster Seer View
Seer Views (including Cassandra)
Cassandra Oracle View
Aux Seer View
Brutal Hunter Brutal (if died)
Mentalist View
Medium Chat (RNGed to someone in another thread)
Psychiatrist
Armor Protect
Cleric View
Promoted Apprentice Seer View
Zombie Brains Eating
VP of CC View
Witch Block

The following abilities wouldn't have been used:
Tough Martyr Protect
Mover/Evil Mover Moves
Gunsmith/Evil Gunsmith Guns
Hobo Move
Van Helsing View
Grim Reaper and Wraith Kills (but it wouldn't be forfeited, just saved for later)
Lich and Sasquatch Hunter Vigilante Kill

The following edge cases would have happened:
Heat Man/Cold Man- Withhold Vote
Emerl- RNG an Evil Role
Mummy- Would have Powered Up, Hypnotized Random Player
Shapeshifter- Allowed to wait until D2, but forefits any D1/N1 use of that role

For ALL Wolf Abilities, if they had a Pack, their Pack Members would decide. If they didn't have a pack, a random living wolf would have gotten to decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ending the Day Early:

Given all of the vote manipulation in play, the only way to end the day early would be for:

1) Everyone to nightfall.
2) X+4 people to nightfall over the next highest person in contention where X is the "majority" state. So in a 17 person village (where majority would be 8), 12 people would have to nightfall on a single target. Or people could nightfall to make a 6-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 tally with one person not voting. Or somewhere in between. There just needs to be a "results would be locked here in a game with no vote manipulation" plus 4 on a single player to call it early if everyone didn't nightfall.

If that manages to happen, dusk will happen immediately, dawn will happen at the usual time, and midnight will roughly split the difference between the two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Rule Errata and Role Interactions

Undead

All roles marked Undead in the post above view and reveal as Undead, so their exact role will not be revealed when they die. A Jester role that copies an Undead role will also reveal as Undead when they die and not the role they copy. All Aux Evils that are Undead will give hits to the Aux Seer. Undead Aux Evils have a single point of Wolf Night Kill tough that gets consumed the first time a werewolf pack night kills them.

Guns

Players given guns may shoot them at dusk or midnight. Guns will not backfire or have a chance of failing. All players shooting guns will be announced at said deadline (EX: Two shots ring out. ljtrigirl and RoyalApe have fired guns at dusk today.), but it will not be announced who they shot or which deaths occurred because of guns. All guns are a single use and will disappear after being shot. A person can only hold one gun at a time, and if a player dies with a gun or would be given a second gun while already holding one, the guns are lost. GUN SHOTS CANNOT BE CHANGED, so make sure you're really ready when you shoot your gun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  |