GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,823 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

The Edge: Dawnfall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Campaign darkness (No attack?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Diaz
msg tools
I do not understand the AI cards of darkness. They all say that units are invoked, move and then attack if they are in dark mode, but they never attack on stage 1 of the darkness campaign because they are never in dark mode since I have always made an active turn 1 and the next passive. Do I do something wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most cards state that they do not attack unless they are in Dark mode. Not all however. And some do have them flip first and then attack.

The cards are more balanced for the 2 cards per turn of normal solo mode. In the Darkness campaign, and I believe only in the first scenario, there is a flaw that a single darkness card per turn will most likely cause them not to attack. It was pointed out in another thread that, provided you don’t get many of those rare cards that cause them to attack, for the first mission of the campaign, you can just go passive for every turn (since you are trying to weather the storm) and still win the scenario.

I would try a regular solo game first, before trying the campaign. Then just auto-win the first scenario of the campaign and proceed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.