GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,087 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Merchants & Marauders» Forums » General

Subject: Second Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Smith
msg tools
When do people think we’ll be getting a second edition of this game?

I’ve been looking to jump onboard the M&M train but not if a second edition is due in the next year or two (as I can play my friends copy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why you would think there will be a second edition. Aside from Onirim, I can't think of any games issued by Z-Man that have been "re-imagined." They aren't franchise exploiters like Fantasy Flight is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Kirksey
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there rumors of a second edition? I've heard nothing about one. It's impossible to tell when second editions for games like this will be announced, so I say get it. I recommend getting the expansion at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Forrey
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
The only talk of a second edition is Clash of Cultures, another game by Christain Marcussen. The publisher cut this game because they may have felt it competed with another game with a similar theme in their line. Chrstian owns the game for Clash of Cultures but not the art or components, I believe. Even when or if there is a new version of CoC, it will probably be a long time...

As for Merchants and Marauders with Seas of Glory - get it while you can. While there is little chance of a newer edition, great games go out of print all the time! If there is a game you want, don't ever wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Flaherty
Italy
Nanto
Vicenza
flag msg tools
Loves eurogames, but social deduction games are cool too!
badge
Venice Carnivale 2015 (best costume seen)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I got into Merchants & Marauders ~3 years ago, and remember when Seas of Glory was out of print and selling for a premium--was very glad when they finally did a reprint a couple years ago I think and prices became reasonable enough to pick it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea, never heard any mention of it.
But I doubt they will ever need one....
Instead I think it would be cool to see a "Special Edition" that includes both M&M and SoG with premium pieces etc.

Also would be nice to see a Premium Upgrade Pack where they supply premium pieces, (ships, money, ship-bases, token bags, dice, wind die/spinner)

and maybe include a reprint of captain cards to have better caricatures on them.

PS: I know we can do this ourselves by going to speciality web shops, but thought if anything, this is what I can see as a possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frode Hanøy
Norway
flag msg tools
mrmer1in wrote:
I have no idea, never heard any mention of it.
But I doubt they will ever need one....
Instead I think it would be cool to see a "Special Edition" that includes both M&M and SoG with premium pieces etc.

Also would be nice to see a Premium Upgrade Pack where they supply premium pieces, (ships, money, ship-bases, token bags, dice, wind die/spinner)

and maybe include a reprint of captain cards to have better caricatures on them.

PS: I know we can do this ourselves by going to specialty web shops, but thought if anything, this is what I can see as a possibility.

AND custom ships for each nation. Now that I would pay lots of money for!

I'm all for a premium edition of the game, would buy 100%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Smith
msg tools
Oh I see, I’m relatively new to the board game scene so was just assuming that popular older games got new editions eventually by default thing (eg TI, Eclipse for examples of games I own) but I do recognise now that most of those games are from FFG.

I guess it was also because the designer posted in the Clash or Cultures thread about a second edition being in the works (but not in the short term).

But I guess what’s more common is just straight reprints rather than revised editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure the designer holds much reign over this. They've even used the name of his game, to sell out some crap-spinoff game of someone else. That does not bode well for his future cooperation on such project, should it ever happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.