GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,725 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Heroes of Terrinoth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Counterattacking From Dead Enemies? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Pratt
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules, if an enemy is defeated, they are moved to the discard pile in step 4 of the attack (the Cleanup). So what I'm confused about is counterattacks if an enemy has been defeated. Thematically, they shouldn't be able to counterattack, because they have been defeated (unless you argue that they struck back before they ultimately died).

But, if they can counterattack, then the monster with the highest attack value would do the counterattack. And in my case (see the picture below), this would actually be good for me, because the Crypt Dragon master would be the one to attack me, and according to their card, since it has 5 damage tokens on it, it would actually deal 0 damage to me.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
Prattski wrote:
According to the rules, if an enemy is defeated, they are moved to the discard pile in step 4 of the attack (the Cleanup). So what I'm confused about is counterattacks if an enemy has been defeated. Thematically, they shouldn't be able to counterattack, because they have been defeated (unless you argue that they struck back before they ultimately died).

But, if they can counterattack, then the monster with the highest attack value would do the counterattack. And in my case (see the picture below), this would actually be good for me, because the Crypt Dragon master would be the one to attack me, and according to their card, since it has 5 damage tokens on it, it would actually deal 0 damage to me.

They call it counterattack, but at least in the old Warhammer Quest: Card Game it was more like skirmish - therefore the enemy would damage you, while you killed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Prattski wrote:

I read the rules as you did: you did the damage in step 2, resolve the counter-attack in step 3, and only remove the defeated enemy in step 4. However, the crypt dragon card doesn’t say it does less damage for each wound; it says its attack value itself is lower. During step 3, the crypt dragon on the right has the highest attack value, so it would counter-attack as long as it hadn’t already counter-attacked in the same action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Pratt
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponysaint wrote:
I read the rules as you did: you did the damage in step 2, resolve the counter-attack in step 3, and only remove the defeated enemy in step 4. However, the crypt dragon card doesn’t say it does less damage for each wound; it says its attack value itself is lower. During step 3, the crypt dragon on the right has the highest attack value, so it would counter-attack as long as it hadn’t already counter-attacked in the same action.

Ahh! I didn't even think about it like that, but that seems to make a lot of sense. I suppose though, if he had been the only monster, he would have dealt 0 damage.

Thanks for the input here, that definitely helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.