GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,656 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

GKR: Heavy Hitters» Forums » General

Subject: how do you guys resolve the Attack speed line up quickly? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Leung
Singapore
flag msg tools
Played two players last night and man everything is awesome but combat REALLY is a drag because of the whole speed thing. How do u guys do it fast?

Do u spread up a whole line up of all the cards and then activate from highest to lowest? Any better ideas to resolve this quickly?

Becos I see on average the resolution could easily consist of 12-15 cards in a 4 player game! That cld easily take 20 mins per round to resolve. Which really is crazy downtime for a simple dice chucking game. Each game CLD last 6-8 rounds which is just simply insanely Long.

I keep reading how streamlined and quick it plays but I can see how theoracticaly it shld be quick but the interface just isn’t!

Thanks guys
Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just call them out. Anyone in the 900's? 800's? I have 875, you have 890, yours first, then mine.

After a couple games, it flies by pretty fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just do a roll call (as the game host)
"Any one have higher than 690? No? ok I go first"

But I'm usually pretty quick at scanning the numbers and direct the players to move

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Leung
Singapore
flag msg tools
Honestly, I was over thinking, this went so quickly yesterday becos EVERYONE Clint wait to activate their card!(3 players in 2 hours including rules/ set-setup)

Thanks for the response folks!

ONE other thing came up though, keeping track of tagging was tricky. Becos u got SPONSOR cards for only tags that were NOT REMOVED that was the hard part to keep track. Did anyone faced this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Skinnyspartan wrote:

ONE other thing came up though, keeping track of tagging was tricky. Becos u got SPONSOR cards for only tags that were NOT REMOVED that was the hard part to keep track. Did anyone faced this?

Huh? tagging is straight forward. The way I play it: Only during tagging phase, You tag the side of the hex where you're adjacent to. you get sponsor cards for each BUILDING

Tagging done by sponsor cards does not contribute to your tag count during combat phase... only Tagging phase period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.