Subject: Out of ammo and Buzzback obstacles and scavenging crossfire cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

1) Scavenging crossfire card = At the start of each turn, the current runner randomly discards 1 of their cards. Then for each of their roles, that runner can return a card from their discard to their hand that has a colour that matches that colour role.
1a) Crossfire discard is at level 3 = instead, that runner randomly discards 1 card after returning cards.

Playing a 2 player game, we have 2 roles per runner, which 1 is the primary role. So in this case, do we discard a card randomly (without choosing) then return 2 cards from our discard as we have 2 roles per runner? (as long as the 2 cards both match the 2 roles we have)?

The effect of scavenging if we have 3 crossfire cards in the crossfire discard pile, see 1a. I'm not sure what this means.

2) Out of Ammo and Buzzback obstacles facing me - OOA = You can't play more than 2 cards on your turn - Straight forward
Buzzback = You can't draw cards - Straight forward.

Together though, If I were to only have 1 or 2 cards in hand when I receive these obstacles and those hand cards cannot defeat either obstacle, is the only way to defeat them for another runner to attack them as I cannot draw anymore or play more than 2 cards even if I had more than 2 cards in hand. If it was just the Out of ammo card then I realise I could just keep playing cards to get them out of my hand to draw better ones but I Cannot do that in this case as the Buzzback obstacle doesn't allow me to draw cards.
Is this just bad luck?

So in a 2 player game, when an affect states for each role, do you count each runner as having 2 roles?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Hi,

1) Scavenging crossfire card = At the start of each turn, the current runner randomly discards 1 of their cards. Then for each of their roles, that runner can return a card from their discard to their hand that has a colour that matches that colour role.
1a) Crossfire discard is at level 3 = instead, that runner randomly discards 1 card after returning cards.

Playing a 2 player game, we have 2 roles per runner, which 1 is the primary role. So in this case, do we discard a card randomly (without choosing) then return 2 cards from our discard as we have 2 roles per runner? (as long as the 2 cards both match the 2 roles we have)?

The effect of scavenging if we have 3 crossfire cards in the crossfire discard pile, see 1a. I'm not sure what this means.
CFL 2-: Discard one card (at random). Then draw back one card from the discard that matches each role you have.

CFL 3+: Draw back one card from your discard that matches each role you have. THEN Randomly Discard.

At the lower CFL, you throw something away and might be able to get it back.
At the higher CFL, you scavenge first, and then might lose it.

Quote:
2) Out of Ammo and Buzzback obstacles facing me - OOA = You can't play more than 2 cards on your turn - Straight forward
Buzzback = You can't draw cards - Straight forward.

Together though, If I were to only have 1 or 2 cards in hand when I receive these obstacles and those hand cards cannot defeat either obstacle, is the only way to defeat them for another runner to attack them as I cannot draw anymore or play more than 2 cards even if I had more than 2 cards in hand. If it was just the Out of ammo card then I realise I could just keep playing cards to get them out of my hand to draw better ones but I Cannot do that in this case as the Buzzback obstacle doesn't allow me to draw cards.
Is this just bad luck?
You can play only 2 and cannot draw. You can still buy and everyone else can still attack your stuff on their own turns or with Assists on your turn. That might want to be a priority for your team to clear to get you back in the fight.

Quote:
So in a 2 player game, when an affect states for each role, do you count each runner as having 2 roles?
Yes.
Is there something that makes you believe you would not count 'each role' if you have two roles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls