GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,948 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Volfyirion» Forums » Variants

Subject: Potential Card Suggestion- [Final Defense] Temporary Safety rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Goor
Canada
flag msg tools
Hey All, I've been lurking for a while and after playing the PnP (then losing it to the rain the same day) I decided to talk about a card to keep the game full of surprises.

Card Name: Final Defense (WIP I want something more lore related)
Troop Card
Cost: 6/5 Command Points
Provides 2 Defense

Ability: Destroy this card: Volfyrion cannot be moved from your city, City is destroyed at the end of your next turn.

You can still use the building card attached to the city the turn your saved from destruction and the following turn.

What I think this card has going for it, is the ability to basically have another turn and a break from losing your city (the turn it was play). The disadvantage is that the card would be useless if you're winning(since you would want better cards), giving a incentive for your opponent to use knowledge to put this card at the bottom of the pile and maybe saving your opponent. This also gives you the chance of a better hand next time (you still lose a city).

Haven't tested it since I need to print again, maybe tom. I'll update this!

Also I dont know if anyone proposed this idea,sorry if this is a copy.
Take Care everyone!
~Raymond Goor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Varotto
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
A name suggestion : Last Stand or Dragon's Snare.
I like the concept of one turn safe card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Goor
Canada
flag msg tools
Testing results

(When I was able to get the card)
Game 1 Time: 34mins Lost
This game I made my opponent go full attack barrage and I placed this card on a 10Health city basically didn't do anything like I expected, I think to be viable the defense it adds needs to be increased since you would not want to waste Battle point and just send Volfyirion and let that city be destroyed the next turn.

Game 2 Time: 37mins Won
Made my opponent build more Knowledge point based cards and combos, saved my 9 health city after both my 10 and 8 were destroyed allowing me the next turn to win. After this game I was laughing so hard because it was so clutch.

Game 3 Time: 31mins Lost (played whatever, took 5 games to get the above two results)
Same as the Game One Battle points just destroyed everything I owned.

Just saying Im still new and dont know many combos, take these results as preliminary.

Going to test Later:
Card Name: United Last Stand
Card Cost: 7
Card Ability: Troop Defense 4, [Destroy this card] Stop a city from being destroyed, permanently reduce base city health by 2
"With the threat of destruction, every citizen came together to stop Volfyirion...at a cost.

Card Name Dragon Snare
Card Cost 6
Card Ability: Building Defense 4, [Destroy this card] Volfyirion Cannot be moved, Destroy the city Volfyirion is attached to at the end of the next turn.

Huge Thanks to Paolo Varotto I enjoyed the names!

Cards feel great to play when you use other cards to make it more ridged but its hell to shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Varotto
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
I'm always glad to help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.