GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,240 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Project: ELITE» Forums » General

Subject: As an owner of the complete original, I won't be pledging. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
However, as I have said elsewhere, if you are a RTS fan, then this is a must buy.

I have found that the CMoN campaign has added little of real substance for existing owners, and what I'd really hoped for was more maps. The modular tiles and the campaign are a nice addition, but for me, I just don't value it enough to spend another $100 plus shipping for those extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, no worries.

These threads always suprise me as no one said you have to buy it.
The new claustrophobia isn't, by all accounts, being bought by people who own the original still.

I guess thanks for letting us know?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
harrison
msg tools
New-age virtue signalling haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, funny one really. Didn't know whether to post or not; not really achieving anything I suppose. Just wanted to get my thoughts out there I guess.

I definitely would buy if I hadn't the original though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been nice to see an upgrade pack or I don't know.
I'm also an original backer too.
Even some pnp files to play with the new stuff for those people.
I can understand why, different company, but yeah it would be off-putting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Naz
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
Yeah, funny one really. Didn't know whether to post or not; not really achieving anything I suppose. Just wanted to get my thoughts out there I guess.

I appreciate your opinion and welcome all input and viewpoints that are boardgame related. Please continue to share, its people like you that make BGG 'THE' place to discuss boardgames. I guess I'm of the viewpoint that "the more information, the better".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Dexter
msg tools
I have it and am still backing the new version even though I know it's not going to be compatible.
If that doesn't say love for a game I don't know what does.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
However, as I have said elsewhere, if you are a RTS fan, then this is a must buy.

I have found that the CMoN campaign has added little of real substance for existing owners, and what I'd really hoped for was more maps. The modular tiles and the campaign are a nice addition, but for me, I just don't value it enough to spend another $100 plus shipping for those extras.

At present the campaign has the regular maps, has the Adrenaline maps in the stretch goals, lots more minis and the modular tiles. Add the campaigns that come with the expansions and you get a lot more game here. I also have the original and will be going all in for this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
harrison
msg tools
Rotomhotom wrote:
New-age virtue signalling haha

After seeing more comments on this thread, I want to clarify while I see some truth in what I said, and I see traces of it in us board gamers in general and so I wanted to poke fun at it, I by no means have any malicious intent or are aiming my remark at anyone in a negative way, I'm just commenting on this general trend I see.

I agree with previous commenters that this forum where we discuss our opinions, solicited or not, is really such a blessing. There's no BGG for video games, or books, or anime, etc, not really anyway. This forum is what unites us, and it's not so big or mainstream or corporate that no-one can be heard, in fact it's the opposite that I feel our community is just big enough that it's interesting and there's always something new and a fresh voice to be heard, while not being overcrowded and us feeling energy-drained by all the choices and voices. That's my take anyway. People say important things here, not much is throw-away voices.

Genuinely, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I have my own threads on BGG where I just post what I think of something for it's own sake as well! It all adds to the color of the community!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duo Maxwell
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:

I appreciate your thoughts and perspective. I am also a 1st edition owner.

I decided to pass on it as well but mainly due to many other games I am eyeballing. If I get a RTS itch, I will just play my 1st edition, that is actually seldom played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sands
Canada
New Westminster
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the entire Kickstarter version of the original PE a little over 7 months ago and have played it 30+ times. For me and my play group (mostly family) it is one of the most frantic and fun games I own - out of a collection of 300. I had heard that there would be a reprint of this game but still knew I wanted this anyway especially with the production quality that CMON provides. That being said, I am not “all in” with the KS, but pretty much - all expansions and core set. This game is awesome and I know that it will get lots of table time with my sons, son in laws and nephews. In the end I will probably pass on my original version to one of them.
Ultimately, gaming offers us a time to connect and enjoy the challenge that game presents and each other.
I can see why people who own the original would pass on this as the original PE is still a great game despite some production quality and design issues. For me, I think the “fixes’ and improvements are worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.