GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,939 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Deep Madness» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Plastic Tokens - Yea or Nay? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
I generally don't bother with paying extra for improved game components, but from what I'm hearing (and seeing), the game suffers from poor icon clarity in its tokens (in particular the devoured effect tokens). The idea of paying more than the Sphere expansion to get acceptable-quality tokens puts me off already, but the fact that a number of the tokens from Token Pack #2 are for optional expansions (that I'm not getting) sorta puts me over.

What are everyone's thoughts on these token packs, whether that be their price point or in-game value?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Fenerty
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they had done token pack II originally, the cardboard devour tokens are just asking to peel due to the cut, and the visibility is not great. I'm getting them, the original pack is great as the devour track is worth it alone for the upgrade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My eyes aren't great and I don't really have an issue while playing distinguishing what the devour markers are... that said, they are small and I will be getting Plastic Token pack #2. The tokens in pack #1 are really nice .... not needed but I'm glad I got them.

The cardboard tokens are acceptable quality to play the game, so don't think you need to bling up if you don't want to.

Edit - I'm about 12 games in so far and have had no issues with devour tokens splitting... and that's with a good deal of shaking them up in the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zsolt
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russonc wrote:
My eyes aren't great and I don't really have an issue while playing distinguishing what the devour markers are... that said, they are small and I will be getting Plastic Token pack #2. The tokens in pack #1 are really nice .... not needed but I'm glad I got them.

The cardboard tokens are acceptable quality to play the game, so don't think you need to bling up if you don't want to.

Edit - I'm about 12 games in so far and have had no issues with devour tokens splitting... and that's with a good deal of shaking them up in the bag.

I agree regarding the devour tokens, the tokens that I have found are starting to fray are the extra action tokens. I play mostly solo using 4 investigators and they are starting to fray (slightly) to the point where I am extra careful with them, and they are not included in the plastic packs. They are handled a lot during the game, more than any other tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Vogel
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have considered mounting (gluing) the Spawn Effect/Devoured Effects tokens on clear plastic circular bases of the appropriate size. They'd be readable from either side, and would be a bit more visible on the board. I would probably glue them with the Spawn effect DOWN (attached to the circular base) since that doesn't vary from token to token...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
admin
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mb
Thread moved from General to Crowdfunding

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.