GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

KOI» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cherry blossoms chain reaction question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chiara Chiarwen
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, just got the game and I really like it I have a question regarding cherry blossoms chain reaction. It says very well on the rules (and in the very handy recap table) that, should a cherry blossom's ripple hit another cherry blossom, this would be pushed and (after the first one is resolved) reactivated.
Now, it happened in our game that a cherry blossom would have pushed another nearby blossom onto an unmoving obstacle (a lily pad, a stone, or at over the edge of the board). My question is: if pushing (moving) is not possible, does the second cherry blossom still get reactivated in its spot? Will it therefore produce ripples around itself, even if not, technically, pushed?

Thanks in advance to whomever can help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lasek
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Chiarwen wrote:
Hello, just got the game and I really like it I have a question regarding cherry blossoms chain reaction. It says very well on the rules (and in the very handy recap table) that, should a cherry blossom's ripple hit another cherry blossom, this would be pushed and (after the first one is resolved) reactivated.
Now, it happened in our game that a cherry blossom would have pushed another nearby blossom onto an unmoving obstacle (a lily pad, a stone, or at over the edge of the board). My question is: if pushing (moving) is not possible, does the second cherry blossom still get reactivated in its spot? Will it therefore produce ripples around itself, even if not, technically, pushed?

Thanks in advance to whomever can help

Hey Chiara,

Really glad you are enjoying the game!

To answer your question yes, If a cherry blossom would be pushed but cannot move due to an obstruction such as a stone it will still do its ripple effect.

Remember once chain reactions start each blossom effected can only do its ripple effect once to prevent infinite loop issues.

Hope this helps and happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.