GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,802 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Noises at Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of questions we had when we played... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
Q1: Which direction does the normal flow of play take during the clue and guess phases? Clockwise? Counterclockwise? The rules mention that the first player token passes to the "next player" counterclockwise at the end of the guess phase, but it doesn't seem right to infer anything from that. Online video reviews and playthrough have them going clockwise, but they also sometimes pass the first player token clockwise, too...

Q2: If I use Howling Wind to move a Locked Door to another room, does the Locked Door effect move with it? Or stay attached to the initial room? I would assume the effect moves, but it is worded ambiguously, and the "until it's your turn again" verbiage makes me think it might only affect the initial room.

Also, I know this is discussed in the other thread, but it does seem like the Golden Cheese Hoard is completely worthless if drawn as the last event (prior to the final round)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei Qi Tan
Singapore
flag msg tools
The flow of the game goes in the clockwise direction of the first player. After the guessing phase, the token is passed in the counter clockwise direction. Then the flow will start from the person with the token as the first player, and the previous player that is first is now second.

I have no idea about this as this wasnt stated clearly. But I would assume a locked door will have its effect at the location it move to. And I would still assume that the effect still belongs to the player who activate the effect first. Its just that the locked door move to another location, but the keys to unlocked the door still is in the player who cast it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.