GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,152 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Medioevo Universale» Forums » General

Subject: I didn't back it - is it worth though? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sébastien Schmutz
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen on the GX site that the game is available, even in French, but when I look into this forum I get confused. In order to have a better idea whether I should spend 330€ in this game, I'd like to understand this :
- has anybody purchased this game from their site and if yes, are you satisfied with the content (not the KS)?
- Is the difference between the KS and standard versions so big that the reviews about this game cannot apply to both?
- I got lost with this barbarians issue in this forum : are they included in the standard version from their online shop (as their content list shows)?
Thank you to help me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Drews
Germany
Leutkirch
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, kickstarted the game with the all in pledge. There are just slight differences between the standart version and your personsl version. Game and rules are the same, you get both games for up to 6 players.
-You could have added an upgrade for 10 players in the kickstarter, that adds an additinoal map part with Spain, England and France.
-You could have replaced the muslim factions with muslim miniatures instead of the basic miniatures.
-you could add some real daggers used for the player order, but the basic game uses counters
-you could have added boxes for each nation to store the minuatures.
-you could add a language package for another language other than english.
-with kickstarter you got a few extra event cards.
-I am not sure but some buildings, the fortifications, might just be counters, because this coul be upgraded as well.

But the basic version does have the barbarians.
So you get the whole game for 6 players, with some parts not so exclusive.
But the fun is the same if you dont just love miniatures.

I really like the game, because it ist not comparable to other games. The vattle mechanics are different. You have a large amount of economy, an depending on you, waging wars, ald a whole lot of negotiations. All I want in a game. You have a whole lot of choixes what to do, and each new game is newly challaging.

I like the game so much that I have startet to replace the miniatures with even greater miniatures that I might even paint. I will add some pictures of the muslim miniatures, so you can see the difference to the basic miniatuers. The last picture shows my replacement. If you like to see more, just let me know and I will post it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Schmutz
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vielen Dank Andre, you answered my questions. I'm convinced now. I'm a great fan of Europe Universalis IV on computer which I played for hundred of hours and I was looking for a long time for something similar around the table, so it looks I found it ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Schmutz
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seb283 wrote:
Vielen Dank Andre, you answered my questions. I'm convinced now. I'm a great fan of Europe Universalis IV on computer which I played for hundred of hours and I was looking for a long time for something similar around the table, so it looks I found it ...

Why don't you buy the existing (or the upcoming) EU boardgame then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Drews
Germany
Leutkirch
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It would be grate to hear, what you do think about the game.

And for the other question, it is better to play than Europa Universalis. But this is only my opinion. And I have to confess, that I love miniatures. I will never forget the day, I first saw Axis and Allies when I was 12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add to the others, I definitely think you'll be very happy with MU if you like 'dudes-on-a-map' style games! It's got a lot of clever mechanics and there is so much strategy and planning required to play well.

Getting through the rules and clarifications will take some doing but most things have been answered on this forum. My $.02 would be to play the trade/Market rules as written and not the 'errata'. We've played both ways and the former was a MUCH better experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Schmutz
Switzerland
Fribourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's off topic but I'm setting up Global War 1936-1945 with my group of 6 players. We booked two full days
I just received the MU today, perfectly packed. Now I need to go through the rules whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom tos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seb283 wrote:
It's off topic but I'm setting up Global War 1936-1945 with my group of 6 players. We booked two full days
I just received the MU today, perfectly packed. Now I need to go through the rules whistle

Is this the version you ordered? It says it's the Kickstarter Edition, but I wonder whether it's complete or not. Does it include all the content, including the 10p version/the western map board? And based on the comment of SilShaman there should be additional event cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom tos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I sent Giochinscatola a mail asking what is exactly included. I got a speedy reply detailing exactly what is included in the current version on offer on their site (the 350 euro KS version), so I figured I would share it here.

Quote:

The KS edition is the only version available and it is for 3-6 players.
Contents list:
1 large board, double sided
2 rulebooks
6 player boards, double sided
6 player screens (standard)
6 player screens (prototype)
1 block note
1 commercial chart (prototype)
72 empire cards (standard)
70 empire cards (prototype: 5 cardinal, 3 inquisitor, 6 killer, 6 warlord, 3 genius, 3 heroine, 4 monk, 6 crossbowman, 5 thief, 5 merchant, 4 tax collector, 5 mercenary, 4 surgeon, 4 diplomat, 3 architect, 4 templar)
30 event cards
30 objective cards (prototype)
10 treasure cards (prototype)
6 debt markers (discs), 1 per 6 colors
54 technology markers (discs), 9 in 6 colors
6 turn order markers (discs), 1 per 6 colors
12 honor point markers (discs), 2 in 6 colors
1 turn marker
160 trade goods (cubes)
120 light infantry miniatures, 20 in 6 colors
120 heavy infantry miniatures, 20 in 6 colors
60 archer miniatures, 10 in 6 colors
60 cavalry miniatures, 10 in 6 colors
18 captain miniatures, 3 in 6 colors
40 barbarian infantry miniatures
20 barbarian archer miniatures
6 barbarian captain miniatures
15 standards miniatures
10 large standards miniatures
16 catapult miniatures
14 trebuchet miniatures
12 bombard miniatures
24 village miniatures
17 town miniatures
12 city miniatures
40 tower miniatures/tokens
20 fortress miniatures/tokens
20 wall-castle miniatures
14 cathedral miniatures
15 galley miniatures
12 merchant ship miniatures
12 caravan miniatures
15 war wagon miniatures
54 road tokens
60 property tokens
4 barbarian property tokens
48 control tokens
48 objective tokens (gears)
4 religious capital tokens (prototype)
3 mining fair tokens (prototype)
3 textile fair (prototype)
3 agricultural fair tokens
4 battle tokens
4 battle boards
2 crusade tokens (prototype)
17 stop tokens
18 blood tokens
6 relic tokens (prototype)
2 crusade tokens (prototype)
20 structure tokens
6 turn order tiles (prototype)
10 far away harbor tokens (prototype)
180 metal florin coins, 30 each with value: 1, 5, 10, 50, 100 and 500
7 dice sets: 1d4, 1d6 and 1d8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.