GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,916 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Seeking Play Testers

Subject: Looking For Rulebook Feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Wolfman
Canada
flag msg tools

Hello everyone, this is a game I've been working on for 2 years or so. It's called Queen's Court, and is set in a fictional medieval setting. The queen has just died, and players are her siblings trying to use their allies in court to become the next monarch. It's a trick taking game, but the twist is that there are no numbered cards, and every card has an ability.

The rulebook can be found here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p9brorsmuOB_pDboxdJ9-7Ghym...

A print and play file is also available for anyone who is interested (Every page that has court deck cards should be printed twice). Any feedback surrounding the game, and specifically the rule book would be much appreciated. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be helpful if you put this up as a google doc instead of a PDF so people can drop in comments right on the document.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Wolfman
Canada
flag msg tools
Good Idea, I will add a google doc into the same folder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
It needs to be enabled for comments in order to work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Wolfman
Canada
flag msg tools
My bad, Done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Courtney Murdock
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would be happy to take a look at this sometime next week. Just give me a nudge if you haven't heard from me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Wolfman
Canada
flag msg tools
That would be great, thanks Courtney!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ángel Hernández
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
The rulebook is perfect Philip, but I would change the text size of each card, in some it is huge, I would summarize it more.
Good luck with the project mate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Wolfman
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for taking a look!I agree that getting the ability descriptions to be as brief as possible while still being clear is super important, and I will update them every time I think of an improvement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Courtney Murdock
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok I did my read through of the rulebook and made some comments. I forgot to warn you that when people ask for me to edit I tend to get VERY nitpicky, so hopefully that is ok. Feel free to ignore anything obviously.

I think, overall, the rulebook is good. Your images are awesome and very well executed. I agree that if you could figure out a way to shorten some of the explanations a bit it would be nice, but my brain could not come up with any great helpful hints for that. What I did with my rulebook was just go back and FORCE myself to cut 20% until it felt right. Might be worth trying...

Keep up the good work! As someone who lived in Ohio, I love this euchre style game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Wolfman
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for the comments, they were super helpful! Nitpicky is good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.