GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,308 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for modern warfare with individual units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Sommers
United States
Aiken
SC
flag msg tools
One man = one unit scale

Seal team -ish theme. No Vietnam

Lots of great maps with tons of buildings scenery

All I can think of is urban operations.

Anything else?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
defiantly a lacking category as all I can think of is Risk: Black Ops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Closest I can get is Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game.

I see you have Skirmish Sangin so for other miniatures rules there's Black Ops: Tactical Espionage Wargaming from Osprey Publishing.

I have the rules Fighting Sail: Fleet Actions 1775–1815 and On The Seven Seas: Wargaming Rules for the Age of Piracy and Adventures c.1500-1730 from Osprey and they are easy, basic rules so Black Ops would be the same style. Light, basic skirmish rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gagniarre
France
Ermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
briansommers777 wrote:

All I can think of is urban operations.

What does not fit your bill in Urban Operations? It is certainly the closest to your specifications : modern, urban/city/dense buildings environment, it is the most serious effort done to date, with very documented background. We have to quote the veteran Cityfight: Modern Combat in the Urban Environment, which has started it all, and still remains unrivaled - in my views - today (almost 40 years later !) - naturally more "post Cold War" oriented.

If your priority is getting the sens of the individuals inside your team, rather than the topographical/tactical/movement aspect of things, Warfighter Modern, as quoted by another contributor, is indeed your target.

On the more amateurish side of things, there is literally zillions of modern warfare smirkish, tactical, one-man/small squads oriented wargames (be it rules intended for minis, or hex-and-counter) ; many rules and game systems are available for free, if you accept less professional efforts (but some are very solid and have a huge fan base).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.