GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,304 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Victory & Glory: Napoleon» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Napoleon's Strategy rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
I've enjoyed this game even though I've lost by a significant margin as the French each session. shake I plan to turn this around with repeated encounters--but would appreciate the experts chiming in.

Just wondering how other players approach the game as Napoleon?

What are your priorities and objectives for turn one, etc NSWE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Mickelsen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played one full game and the French won by a solid margin. I was the British and was out in an early lead with my economy, but army was mighty and I could never win a battle. By the third era he was able to just clean up in points.

My impression was the game could be very "swingy" depending on the cards. I thought it very lite but good fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmbmbmb
mickmick wrote:
My impression was the game could be very "swingy" depending on the cards. I thought it very lite but good fun.

I don't mind the "swingy" nature of the game at all. I'm just looking to turn things around for the French during the first act when the cards seem to be more on their side. If anything, the game presents a pretty good basic narrative of what Napoleon was up against--and both of our games ended with decisive Waterloo defeats for France!

I'm a fan of the game and hope to see more like it in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Tavenier
Netherlands
Koog aan de Zaan
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
I've played 26 games so far, I have an app to keep track. The French lose more often then the British and by a bigger margin.

When playing France I use every card that has plus leadership as a top priority. After that my priority is influence in England and France. They are worth 18 points, so that's a 36 points difference with Britain in the end game. Start influencing them from the start.

France suffers more from a bad hand then the British. So if the British get all the leadership cards in the first era, you're pretty much doomed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tavenier wrote:
I've played 26 games so far, I have an app to keep track. The French lose more often then the British and by a bigger margin.

When playing France I use every card that has plus leadership as a top priority. After that my priority is influence in England and France. They are worth 18 points, so that's a 36 points difference with Britain in the end game. Start influencing them from the start.

France suffers more from a bad hand then the British. So if the British get all the leadership cards in the first era, you're pretty much doomed.

Points well taken:
My only fear is that the enemy is intercepting our correspondence and will take countermeasures against me. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ken maxwell
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The friend of my enemy is my enemy's friend's second cousin's college roommate!devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
singinsarg wrote:
The friend of my enemy is my enemy's friend's second cousin's college roommate!devil

The English epicures have spies everywhere!!
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.