GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,031 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Heroes of Terrinoth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Counterattack question... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are facing one Readied Enemy and roll two Counterattack symbols does the enemy counterattack twice? I can’t find a restriction in the rule book...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
If you are facing one Readied Enemy and roll two Counterattack symbols does the enemy counterattack twice? I can’t find a restriction in the rule book...

How can you roll 2 Counterattack symbols with 1 Enemy Die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very carefully? Now I feel silly.

Rat Swarm does not have the Inflict keyword so do they not attack during the Enemy Phase, correct?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what's on the Rat Swarm, but enemies during the Enemy Phase do only what's on their card. Some enemies attack and some don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:

Rat Swarm does not have the Inflict ketlyword so do they not attack during the Enemy Phase, correct?...

Correct, Rat Swarm only Swarms, which means they engage the person who has the most enemies engaged with them, even if it's not their current engaged person (we missed this once or twice). The only time Rat Swarm will deal damage is engaging someone already engaged with three enemies or when rolling counter attack (barring any other in-game effects that cause enemies to deal damage that are scenario specific).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lillibridge
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:

Good recovery answer 😂
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Leite
msg tools
kelann08 wrote:

Correct, Rat Swarm only Swarms,

Which is welcomed as opposed to their Descent counterpart. (Damage based on current health).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tamas Csepregi
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel OP has some problems with the basic rules regarding counterattack and enemy phase, so just to be sure:

When you activate one of your actions, you roll black dice according to the ready, engaged enemies in front of you. If you roll a hit, you suffer damage according to the enemy's stats.

During the enemy phase you do not roll any die, you just follow the keywords on the enemy card. It it says inflict, you suffer damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured all of that. It just seemed counterintuitive an Enemy WOULDN’T attack you. My son (11) and I had a blast!...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
I figured all of that. It just seemed counterintuitive an Enemy WOULDN’T attack you. My son (11) and I had a blast!...

Are you sure you figured it all out?

Just in case others are wondering, when Rat Swam activates, it does ONE thing: engage the hero with the most engaged enemies. That's it. This is a mechanic to clog up one hero and overwhelm him (swarm him) with enemies.

The ONLY time a rat swarm with damage you with its Inflict value is during one of YOUR activations when you have a rat swarm engaged with you the die you roll for it rolls a counterattack result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Grahamers2002 wrote:
Titeman wrote:

Are you sure you figured it all out?

Just in case others are wondering, when Rat Swam activates, it does ONE thing: engage the hero with the most engaged enemies. That's it. This is a mechanic to clog up one hero and overwhelm him (swarm him) with enemies.

The ONLY time a rat swarm with damage you with its Inflict value is during one of YOUR activations when you have a rat swarm engaged with you the die you roll for it rolls a counterattack result.

And also if it tries to engage you and you already have three enemies engaged with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.