GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,578 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Mars Open: Tabletop Golf» Forums » General

Subject: The only disappointment... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Satterfield
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...is that it doesn’t have a golf pencil included. Would have been a perfect addition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Head Dave wrote:
...is that it doesn’t have a golf pencil included. Would have been a perfect addition.

They are free at ikea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hoyle
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Head Dave wrote:

Call me irrational, but the only reason we didn't include a pencil was to avoid kids accidentally poking their eyes with it. If the game had an "ages 14+" rating we definitely would have included it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Boles
United States
Lenoir City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I dunno, someone playing is going to need a writing implement anyhow. Feels like if they're prone to eye-poking, it's just going to happen. I guess not having one skirts liability though.

Though a game set in a time of human colonization of Mars, then the scorepad should be something apptly 'not too distant future'-y. Mayhaps an phone app, or an Alexa skill...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An awesome companion app for this would be a golf strokes style scoring app (yes I know, you could just use a golf score app), but also a digital AR distance measuring mode (just rings you can expand from the hole on the horizontal plan to measure furthest from the whole.
To top it off a simple video recorder for shots, so you can save the shot of the game, do slow motion replays and so forth...

...although this might be asking a bit much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hoyle
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
An awesome companion app for this would be a golf strokes style scoring app (yes I know, you could just use a golf score app), but also a digital AR distance measuring mode (just rings you can expand from the whole on the horizontal plan to measure furthest from the whole.
To top it off a simple video recorder for shots, so you can save the shot of the game, do slow motion replays and so forth...

Yeah, "someone" should get on these right away! ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Satterfield
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pinebars wrote:
Big Head Dave wrote:

Call me irrational, but the only reason we didn't include a pencil was to avoid kids accidentally poking their eyes with it. If the game had an "ages 14+" rating we definitely would have included it.

Just to be clear- we loved playing the game and had a lot of fun..in truth we’re more amused that a golf game doesn’t have a golf pencil than disappointed. This was intended to be a tongue-in-cheek post.

Thanks for the fun game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Hoyle
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Head Dave wrote:
Pinebars wrote:
Big Head Dave wrote:

Just to be clear- we loved playing the game and had a lot of fun..in truth we’re more amused that a golf game doesn’t have a golf pencil than disappointed. This was intended to be a tongue-in-cheek post.

Thanks for the fun game!

Thanks for saying, and you're welcome! I've enjoyed this thread, so no worries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.