GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,437 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

New World: A Carcassonne Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scoring Track Placement for Beginning of Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Daly
United States
hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The rules say “Each player takes the six settlers in his color at places one as a scoring marker in the large space at the lower left of the scoring track.”

The large space in the lower left of the scoring track is at the “37” point space. Is this game telling me to start the game as if I had 37 points? Or is this just a mistake in the rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Pesta
msg tools
mbmbmb
I would start everyones points at 0. I looked at my rules and they say the same thing as yours. Must be a typo. Unless you look at the starting board upside down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the rules and examine the printed image of the starting board. In the Rio Grande PDF I just checked "lower left" would be correct. However that board is flipped in comparison to an assortment of actual board images I find here at BGG.

With what little German I can comprehend, I find in another PDF that the instructions refer more explicitly to "space zero" for starting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.