GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,755 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Figuring out what expansions I have? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B H
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I bought supposedly two core sets and about 10 expansions off someone used but I don't know what expansions I got. I can't seem to figure it our from card numbers as their not unique? How can you tell what expansions you have I can't even find an excel list of all the cards for 2e.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
The number in the botton right corner is the number within the cycle or box. The core and each deluxe all have their own symbols next to it, and each of the 6-pack cycles share an icon. The first box has cards 1-20, the next 21-40 and so on.

The core has 1 of each major card (named characters, most faction-specific ones, plots agendas) and different counts of some neutral cards. Each deluxe expansion and chapter pack has 3 copies of every card.

Start sorting by icon. Milk of the Poppy is an easy example of a core card.

Put all the cards with that symbol into one stack. Sort everything by icon into different stacks. You'll soon see from the numbering of different symbols whether they're part of a deluxe set or a cycle of packs.

Use ThronesDB to figure out which is which after sorting. You can basically consider a cycle one release, so other than figuring out which expansions you have there's no further reason to sort the cards by expansion ever again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B H
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks! You’re a lifesaver. I wouldn’t have figured that out on my own I was about to look up card names individually but figured there had to be an easier way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank goodness for FFG's OCD then - some other companies don't make it so easy to identify editions and expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.