Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger S
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just discovered this game and I don't have long to decide before the KS ends. My biggest question right now is - what makes each game different? Is there some variable setup, or contract cards that are different for each game, etc.?

This is particularly important for solo play, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
Wargame? Eurogame? Ameritrash? Asia!! Check out Asian board game reviews at CardboardEast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm unsure if the solo Tesla mode has different rules but in the base game here's what's different for each setup:

1. Your company & your executive officer
2. The water (different amounts per source per round)
3. neutral dam locations
4. end of round scoring tiles (every game you randomly choose 5 of 6 & the order will be different)
5. objective tile (every game you randomly choose 1 of 6/7?)
6. which advanced tech will become available and when will be different every game
7. the national contracts (6 in the box and you choose "player number minus one")
8. the regular contracts will come out in a different order every game

There is more than enough game in the core game. You could get this and be more than happy.

Also, it's very interactive. How you play each game will be very different on whom you're playing with and how they're playing. It's a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Kotler
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
I Love Heavy Dry Soulless Euros!!!
badge
When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Player interaction goes a long way for replayability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are currently only 2 videos out that talk about the automata

A quick introduction...
https://youtu.be/hyiOfAVB6gI

... and an example of how it plays!
https://youtu.be/ii-r9-B6Z64

A solo playthrough is also planned. Will post a link here once it's available.

The publisher is usually quite active here, so I hope they'll answer your questions asap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
evilpanda wrote:
I'm unsure if the solo Tesla mode has different rules but in the base game here's what's different for each setup:

3. neutral dam locations
4. end of round scoring tiles (every game you randomly choose 5 of 6 & the order will be different)
6. which advanced tech will become available and when will be different every game
7. the national contracts (6 in the box and you choose "player number minus one")

There is more than enough game in the core game. You could get this and be more than happy.

Also, it's very interactive. How you play each game will be very different on whom you're playing with and how they're playing. It's a great game.

This sounds good. Yeah, I don't expect the map to change around for every game, but these sorts of things make every game different. You could have a strategy that beats the pants off everyone in game 1, and leave you in last place in game 2 if you play it the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 4 Luciani games and all of them have been very big on variable set up. Barrage seems to be no different.

The executives alone (which give each player their own unique player power) should make each game feel different each time. Plus each of the main 4 factions plays a little differently (scythe style) then you've got all the variable scoring tiles and other assorted set up tiles.

This game seems to have a ton of variety right out of the box and then with the expansion it enters the upper echelon in terms of variable set up/replayability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luigi 'bove' de feo
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schiavonir wrote:
I've just discovered this game and I don't have long to decide before the KS ends. My biggest question right now is - what makes each game different? Is there some variable setup, or contract cards that are different for each game, etc.?

This is particularly important for solo play, in my opinion.

Hello there.
The game is full variable, starting from the headstreams, leading to the starting neutral dams, and so on about about the end-round bonuses, the contracts and the neutral contracts, the choices about executive officers and the faction and so on.

And the multiple advanced technology tiles you can buy during the game.

Its variability is one of its strength points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luigi 'bove' de feo
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilpanda wrote:

3. neutral dam locations

Yes, you are right on every point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luigi 'bove' de feo
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueDane wrote:

Yes! This will apply too.

As long as you can use your opponents' conduits you can use and plan in every game what can be your new basins/structure to use to your advantage... and happens in a game with 2 players up to 4... and in the solo mode will be the same. Because the Automa will be aggressive on the map!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Bernardo
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
badge
Wargame? Eurogame? Ameritrash? Asia!! Check out Asian board game reviews at CardboardEast.com
mbmbmbmbmb
elbove wrote:
evilpanda wrote:

3. neutral dam locations

Yes, you are right on every point.

I agree with you 100% agreeing with me. Why can't there be more people in the world as awesome as us?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
BlueDane wrote:

Exactly. A game with lots of player interaction does not need much variability in setup. Different choices shape the game in different directions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.