Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D. Silberman
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
My regular Carc Castle partner and I just tried a few games in which we concealed our collected wall tiles from each other until we actually used them (instead of keeping them displayed face up as per the rules). This added a fun element of trying to deduce wall tiles based on an opponent's moves (e.g. constantly adding on to a sprawling gray building) and doesn't seem to unbalance anything else. Though there were some extra groans during final scoring when I revealed a tie-breaking +2 fort tile and a Tents Score 4 tile to boot.

We always play with "hands" of two or three castle tiles, a variation we carried over from regular Carcassonne.

Z.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Ben-Ezra
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Variant - Concealed Wall Tiles
LOL!

That's how we've always played. I didn't realize that we were actually house-ruling....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatWolf (#36608),

Ditto - we've always played with hidden wall tiles. I thought that was how the rules said to do it, or at least didn't mention making them visible to other players. I will have to check the rules next time we play.

Only do the one tile draw though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Silberman
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here's what the rules say:

"When, as a result of scoring, a player moves his scoring marker to exactly one of the two spaces on a corner tower of the castle wall scoring track, he takes the wall tile lying there (if it is still there) and places it face up in his play area."

If you've always played the other way, you might want to try this as a "variant".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zelide (#36650),

Well this is going to change the tactics of our game a little. Do you try and close your opponents house or castle because they have the appropraite wall tile to keep their points low or do you build on it to try and keep it open and thus minimise the points - with the inherent risk that they may close the building for even more points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.