GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,574 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Sky high prices on used games in AZ store rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mary F
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd give a heads up for anyone not in the know:

Bookman's used copy of Santorini: $60.95
Amazon brand new: $22.99

Bookman's used copy of Robo Rally: $50
Amazon brand new: $31.14

Someone is clearly not pricing these right. Most games I saw were 50% or more above retail. This is the Bookman's in Phoenix on Northern Ave.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
suggestions: put name of store and city in thread subject... also have you thought about reaching out to the store and letting them know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gulde
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
They will adjust their prices is you point this out. I picked up many games from Bookmans in AZ. Both locations.

And I always research prices before making the purchase. They will also give sold value for trade in games. (mostly)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary F
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will let them know next time I'm there. It was pretty silly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Howland
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I shop at the Mesa store pretty frequently and they do a really good job of pricing. I have bought many games there to add to my collection. Don't let this post shy you away from these locations. This may have just been a mistake by the person who was pricing the games that day. Some times they have people help with pricing who are not as knowledgeable with games. And before the reprint of Santorini that was actually the going price to buy the game used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Kippes
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bookmans on Southern and Arizona price games pretty well and will reduce the price if you show them a current store price.

The Bookmans on Northern and I17 prices games really high and will not modify the price stateing "they are not a price match business".

I also wonder why they used tape to seal some of the boxes....just a little irritating, but if the price is right I guess I can live with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary F
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the record, the Santorini was on a cart and hadn't even been shelved yet. So that was a brand new pricing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.