GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,725 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Catacombs (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: KS Catacombs 3E with new playmats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Gillespie
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
$260 dollars seems like a lot of money. I am new to buying games and like to try and find "deals" or at least exclusive items on kickstarter. Is this worth it? I can buy almost everything in the old version for less than $200 on amazon.

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You would be better served to discuss this in the Catacombs forums - this is not a retailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is worth it. I own everything and thats basically what I paid. You can have mine (3rd additional all in KS amazing condition) for $140 plus shipping and I will pay the extra $100+ to get the $260 version during this KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GillespieFamily wrote:
$260 dollars seems like a lot of money. I am new to buying games and like to try and find "deals" or at least exclusive items on kickstarter. Is this worth it? I can buy almost everything in the old version for less than $200 on amazon.

Thanks for the help.

It is expensive, but I think it's likely what the publishers need to charge. neoprene mats like this are not cheap and this is a very small company. In comparison, one neoprene map for other games are often $30 or so on average.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mb
I'm also keeping an eye on this KS, but I haven't tried Catacombs in any version before. Do the expansions add much new game play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bokrug wrote:
I'm also keeping an eye on this KS, but I haven't tried Catacombs in any version before. Do the expansions add much new game play?

They add a lot more variety of fun via new monsters, heroes and play areas.

They generally do not change up the game much, so it's a not a situation where you need them to see if you enjoy the base game (nor will it change your opinion if you do not like the base game.)

You have to like flicking games to enjoy this, the dungeon crawl and such adds to it, but at its core it is a flicking game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bokrug wrote:

To add, on the original 3E kickstarter I got all the stretch goals and the cavern of soloth expansion as I felt the added variety was large. I did not get some of the small expansions like the zombie or chicks in a catacomb one as I didnt feel the value was quite there for me with already having a lot of variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Johnston
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just posted my lot of Catacombs (and Catacombs & Castles) in th marketplace if anyone is interested. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.