GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,928 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

KeyForge: Call of the Archons» Forums » General

Subject: House themes for future waves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can just suggest themes, or also try to label them and give them mechanisms!

-Ocean (Brine)
They come in tides, so maybe you can use a set of Brine cards out of turn.

-Cryptozoology (Cryptos)
They return to your hand or deck. Sasquatch and Nessie are elusive!

-Aztec, Atlantis, Egypt, or any variety of ancient civilzation

-Cyberpunk (Rez)
Only Upgrades (bionic hardware). Works well with creatures and Logos

-Music (Sonor)
If you play them in the right order, you create a Song

-More aliens! Maybe greys next time, or lizards

-Mecha (Mek)
If they form in the battleline in a certain sequence, they become more powerful as a single entity. See AEGIS

-Ghosts (Spectre)
If one your creatures is destroyed, you may play this card from your discard pile. You are supposed to discard them when you draw them.

-Monks (Dao)
If this card Fights, lose 1 aember.

-Farmers (Corn)
If you Reap with this card, gain 2 aember

-Highlanders
If you destroy a creature, attach it as an upgrade and gain it's abiliies

-Omni
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lone Xolf
msg tools
Yeah I like the new house idea, but I really wish older sets will be relevant some how in new expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Isn't this all a little cart before the horse and all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farnan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
pocketroid wrote:

-Music (Sonor)
If you play them in the right order, you create a Song

One of the most original ideas I've heard, love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Pak
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heartily agree about the Sonor as well. Very unique and different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Rez house you suggest above could also specialize in hacking your opponent's cards. Similar to the "use an enemy artifact" ability currently on some cards, but a whole house that specializes in that mechanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Garfield mentioned some abilities that they were looking at for expansion factions in a video. One of them was a token making house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gavken wrote:
Richard Garfield mentioned some abilities that they were looking at for expansion factions in a video. One of them was a token making house.

Do you have a link to the video?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not off the top of my head I don't. It was an interview that Richard Garfield did. I have a feeling that it was with the British guy Richard who interviews designers.

Edit - its in this thread https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2049587/forgecast-interview...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link; I made the mistake of only reading the summary before. Not clear to me that that there will be any additional houses, just enhanced and additional mechanics. Hard to predict; Magic still has five colours* but nobody expected X-Wing to have seven factions....

*: Well, the 2nd expansion introduced colourlessness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Farkas

Urbana
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of Ocean. Maybe they have the ability to flood the board so to speak. the tides is a good one. Every other turn you may play one Ocean card from hand if you call a different house.

Or

A Tide Marker that allows you to flip it active to play, use, fight, reap, or discard Ocean cards on the Active Tide side) Not active Ocean Cards can not be played. You still choose a House and may play cards of both houses (or limited to only one house still but Ocean cards are discarded as soon as a new house is played)

Some Creatures, Artifacts may either extend the tide or creatures are destroyed automatically if the Tide marker is not active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO I think "Ghosts" would be a cool house but I think they should be less fiddly and strictly reaping creatures that are hard to deal with.

Possible keywords could be:
Spook- This creature does not deal or take damage from creatures. When this creature Fights, opposing creature becomes stunned.

Banish- If this creature is Destroyed by an Artifact, Purge this creature instead.

More powerful Ghosts would also have a reap ability. Sounds like a faction I would really enjoy playing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck yeah, I want to play Ghosts! I feel like every ghost would be 1 Power, though. I could see many of them having Elusive. Poltergeist is already in Dis, but we could still use that idea.

Artifact: Resurrection Ritual
(Trait: Ritual)
Action: Return one creature from any player's Discard Pile. Attach Resurrection Ritual as an Upgrade to that creature. This creature gains:
This creature is reduced to 1 Power
Spook
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the Artifact you created!
How about one that read:

Artifact: Necronomicon
Trait: Ritual
Action: Return one of your purged creatures to your battle line and purge Necronomicon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
░░▒▓███ ███▓▒░░
United States
Marquette
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely. That is a cool idea. We're dipping swiftly into an undead faction here, but Purged interactions could also just be interdimensional things. Actually, I feel like you would be able to Purge an opponent's creature, and within the same deck, be able to resurrect that purged creature.

I've been hoping for some interaction with the purged pile, but maybe only for one set. I don't think it should be a thing that happens all the time. This might be one of the problems with future sets: You won't be able to defend against crazy set-specific stuff if you only have an older deck, or only a newer deck vs and older deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.