GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
194 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Blood Rage» Forums » General

Subject: KS exclusive monsters are coming back! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse
United States
Boston
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From the last Project ELITE update https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/project-elite-0/po... :

Quote:
Blood Rage Digital will be the next Flash Kickstarter campaign by CMON. Featuring Multiplayer and Solo options, the core game as well as many expansions, a customizable AI that can be used to introduce new players to the game or challenge the most strategic Vikings out there, and graphics that will put you in the middle of a war at the end of days, Blood Rage Digital is perfect for any fan of the Eric M. Lang original masterpiece. If that is not enough to get your Norse spirits fired up, this short campaign will also offer a few amazing promos, like new versions of the four exclusive Monsters only seen in the original Blood Rage Kickstarter, and the all-new Stag Clan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Purdon

Twinsburg
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Stag clan makes me happy. Maybe an expansion to add some (minor) clan powers? That could be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Smith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man I really hope they add some new cards to the game that would be amazing, sucks to already have the monsters though unless they give us some sort of alternate cards to use with the modified monsters. Other wise total waste for the original backers of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Charlebois
Canada
Ottawa-Montréal
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a non Kickstarter backer this is awesome. Hope new cards are added too....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be cool to get this. I've been planning to proxy the originals for awhile, but never got around to it. This will save me the hassle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pietro Pomella
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decently clothed women in my Blood Rage? Madness!

Seriously though looking forward to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very excited though this will obsolete pretty much all third party inserts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
ras2124 wrote:

If you're an original KS backer yes.

If you're a retail purchaser, the Broken Token insert should work just fine as long as the new figs for the KS exclusive monsters are the same size and as long as the Stag Clan aren't shaped in weird ways.

The only thing that should be off is that the symbol on the BT insert will be that of the Wildboar Clan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian mcelligott
United States
cedar city
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
when does this start?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vitus979 wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

If you're an original KS backer yes.

If you're a retail purchaser, the Broken Token insert should work just fine as long as the new figs for the KS exclusive monsters are the same size and as long as the Stag Clan aren't shaped in weird ways.

The only thing that should be off is that the symbol on the BT insert will be that of the Wildboar Clan.
I have all the KS stuff and Hili, but even for people that don't, it is a big if. Some of the monster stuff is pretty size specific in the inserts, and I would be surprised it if all just fits in the spots of the originals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
I have all the KS stuff and Hili, but even for people that don't, it is a big if. Some of the monster stuff is pretty size specific in the inserts, and I would be surprised it if all just fits in the spots of the originals.

With enough demand, they might make an "upgrade kit" to replace the pieces you can't use, if you don't have the old KS. Assuming of course the space allows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know this might be sour for the older kickstarter backers, but I am so happy right now I can't contain it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so the minis will be in a real form? not only digital?surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb

I wonder though why this isn't being communicated as a Blood Rage KS update?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Frag
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is big news indeed. I hope they turn them into an expansion. As an owner of the original KS, it will be nice for others to get their hands on these figures, even if in a different form. Man the new mini’s they show in this update look better than the originals IMO...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
afrag wrote:
Man the new mini’s they show in this update look better than the originals IMO...

Not 100% convinced about that (Fenrir with chain was awesome ..) .. love the extra (female) clan though. I wonder if these promos are going to be KSE or will they be sold on retail as well. Knowing CMON they'll probably be KSE .. ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope that colors and details sort of match the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way a new clan even matters is if they add some sort of clan powers.

I already ordered and painted proxy minis for the KS exclusives... so those would be cool to have, being official, but I doubt itll be worth the money.

Clan Power Expansion or bust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:

I already ordered and painted proxy minis for the KS exclusives... so those would be cool to have, being official, but I doubt itll be worth the money.

Well, I wouldn't put my money on any rule changes. I think it's primarily meant to be a nice gesture towards the players that missed the KSE. And since the game is in the top-100 on BGG they can be assured that there's a big enough BR fanbase to make a KS worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

Well, I wouldn't put my money on any rule changes. I think it's primarily meant to be a nice gesture towards the players that missed the KSE. And since the game is in the top-100 on BGG they can be assured that there's a big enough BR fanbase to make a KS worthwhile.

I don't understand adding another clan.

The base game comes with 4 clans. The 5th player expansion adds a clan. These werent KSE.

The game is only playable with 5 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Teowulff wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

I don't understand adding another clan.

The base game comes with 4 clans. The 5th player expansion adds a clan. These werent KSE.

The game is only playable with 5 players.

Many people including my group regularly play with 6 as it is totally playable with 6. Rules:
-Deal 7 cards at start and at the end of the draft phase only discard one card.
-The first age province to get ragnaroked comes back into play from 2nd age.
-First player marker skips a person each age when rotating clockwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people complained about the way the serpent clan womens were depicted.
This new clan may be a way for Cmon to address the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
jnowak415 wrote:
The 5th player expansion adds a clan. These werent KSE.

The original KS had both the 5th player expansion clan as well as the "Wildboar" KS exclusive clan for 6 total clans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vitus979 wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
The 5th player expansion adds a clan. These werent KSE.

The original KS had both the 5th player expansion clan as well as the "Wildboar" KS exclusive clan for 6 total clans.

Yet there are no official rules for 6 players?

This is one of my favorite games...but it SUCKS at 5 players. I cannot even imagine playing this with 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
jnowak415 wrote:
Yet there are no official rules for 6 players?

This is one of my favorite games...but it SUCKS at 5 players. I cannot even imagine playing this with 6.

Correct, there are no official rules for 6 players.

Perhaps I'm strange, but I prefer 5 players, and can't stand 3. 4 is fine, but not my preference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.