BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Not the Hungarian 15er rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: this didn't seem to get a lot of interest from the Liars' Club cohort, which was the target audience, so I'm removing it from signups. Let me know if you'd be interested in trying again at a later date.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

This is a game designed to blend BGG werewolf norms with some of the mechanics from the Liars' Club video mafia season, and potentially expose Liars' Club players to our style.

If you are new to BGG, to sign up, first register on the site, then go to CassandraWerewolf.com to sign up with your BGG username and sign up at this link. There is a bunch more explanation of BGG mechanics below, not specific to this game.

Lynch time is planned for 8:30 PM BGG time (US Central: 9:30 PM Eastern, 6:30 Pacific). Dawn at 9:00 BGG time. You do not need to be around at these times to participate, but it helps if you're able to be active in that general vicinity.

Good Roles:

Seer: On night zero, receives a view of a randomly-selected player who is "not werewolf" (but could be cub or sorcerer); on later nights, chooses a player to view and learns if they are werewolf or not werewolf.

Hunter: When they die, they kill another player (by order in modchat). In addition, if the hunter is one of the last two players alive, the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf.

Passive Priest: While the priest is alive, players' full role is revealed on death. After the priest dies, players only reveal as good or evil.

Eight villagers:

one of which is an unaware Tinker Villager, who views as a Werewolf to the seer, but is actually part of the villager team.

another of which is an unaware Pacifist Villager, whose vote will not count when (# of good players alive)-(# of evil players alive) is at least 2.

the other six are normal villagers with no additional traits.

Evil Roles:

Standard Werewolf: shares a chat and nightkill with brutal werewolf.

Brutal Werewolf: shares a chat and nightkill with standard werewolf. When the brutal werewolf dies, they kill another player (by order in modchat).

Wolf Cub: after the first werewolf dies, the Wolf Cub becomes a werewolf, joins chat, and helps choose the nightkill. Before this time, they view as "not werewolf" to the seer; after they promote, they view as "werewolf."

Full Role Sorcerer: Night 0, learns the name of a normal villager. On later nights, chooses a player to view, and learns their full role.

Good wins if all werewolves, including the cub, are eliminated, or if the hunter is one of the last two players alive.

Evil wins if (# of wolves alive) is greater than or equal to (# of non-wolves alive), except in the "one werewolf plus one hunter" situation.

This game will start shortly after it reaches 15 players. If there is not interest from the Liars' Club community, I may remove it from signups.

If you have questions, please ask!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
Werewolf on BGG:

(This is a non-exhaustive list of "how things work" designed for experienced mafia/werewolf players who are not necessarily familiar with our mechanic.)

If you click "Subscribe" at the top of the thread, you will get a notice (in the top left, lighting up red) when new replies are posted; this is highly recommended!

Also recommended is going to Geekmail - Settings - Forward Messages, so you get an email when you receive a private message (which I will send out when the game is ready to start, so people can check in and confirm they're still ready).

Every player has a chat room on CassandraWerewolf.com where they can converse with me, and put in orders about their roles.

On "Night 0," before the game begins, the seer receives a random view of a player who is not a werewolf. The sorcerer receives a random view of a player who is a normal villager. Nobody puts in game orders, and nobody dies.

Days last ~23.5 hours. You can vote as often as you want during the day, with the caveat that if you are a BGG "New User," (which most of you probably will be), you can only post once per minute. (Towards the end of the "day" this may be relevant.) To vote, post something like [vote madeline], with bold tags and square brackets. The bot "Cassandra Project" will scan these and post updates. It should be sensitive to minor typos, but be careful to make sure your vote is counted.

At the end of the day, whoever has the most votes will die. The day ends at 8:31 PM BGG (US Central time); posts and votes at 8:30 are okay, 8:31 bad. I will post "no posting" and execute someone.

In the case of a tie in votes, the person who has the "longest held last vote" dies. Example:

Shakespeare - 3 - Cactus (2), Doogolas (4), Hito (5)
Alien - 3 - Lexi (1), Elli (3), Joey (6)

here the numbers represent the chronological order of votes; first Lexi voted for Alien, secondly Cactus voted for Shakespeare...and finally Joey voted for Alien. Both Shakespeare and Alien have three votes, but Shakespeare has had three votes for a longer time (because Hito voted before Joey). So Shakespeare dies.

After the lynch is announced, you are allowed to continue posting until dawn time, which is 9:01 (posts and game orders at 9:00 legal, 9:01 bad). Then there will be another short time of no posting as I give out views and kill somebody.

The werewolves share a chat, and can discuss things with each other both at day and at night. The first time a werewolf dies (standard or brutal), the wolf cub will become a werewolf and join chat, and the dead werewolf will not be allowed to talk there. The sorcerer does not participate in the werewolf chat.

Both the Hunter and the Brutal Werewolf may kill someone else when they die. The game does not stop when they do this; they have orders in Cassandra ("if I die, kill ___") along with me which will be updated throughout the game.

Conditional orders are allowed and encouraged! Not only for the brutal characters, but also for the viewing roles and kills.

Good does not need to kill the sorcerer to win; Evil does not need to kill all good players to win. See the victory conditions in the above post.

If you [vote nightfall], your vote will be locked on the player you are currently voting, and you cannot change it for the rest of the day. This can be useful in speeding up some mathematically-certain scenarios, or if you know you will not be able to post until dusk. Doing this out of fits of pique is discouraged.

You can [vote no lynch] if you don't want anyone to die during the day. If this is the leading vote result, nobody will be lynched.

The werewolves may choose to not kill, if they so desire.

In this game, players' team will always be revealed on death, and their specific role will be revealed as long as the Priest is alive. Other BGG games will have different rules.

After you die, you may choose to go to "dead chat" in Cassandra where you can discuss the game with other dead players. You can also choose to get spoilers for the roles.

If you are not able to continue playing, click the green arrow next to your name on the Cassandra page, and the game will seek a replacement for you. Do not post after you have put yourself up for replacement.

Do not directly quote, or fake-quote modchat. Paraphrasing mod communications is okay.

Bad:

madelineb Nov 6, 11:16 PM: Shakespeare is not a werewolf

(whether or not this communication actually happened!)

Good:

"I'm the seer, and on night zero, Madeline told me that Shakespeare was not a werewolf"

(whether or not it actually happened.)

It is generally fine to ask mod questions in the main thread, whether or not you already know the answer. Of course, no answers will be given that reveal information about the gamestate, and sometimes answers might be "shrug." Asking questions in your private chat is allowed and encouraged.

Ok, but may make you look suspicious:
"Hey, it says I'm the sorcerer, but I don't have a wolf chat. Where should I go?"

(regardless of what role you have).

Potential public mod clarification:

The sorcerer does not participate in the wolf chat.

Answer that will not be received in public:

You, Cactus, do not get to go to wolfchat because you are the sorcerer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard BGG werewolf rules (non-exhaustive):

No doxxing. "Wow, I love lynch times that are nice for Pacific time zone people!" -good. "I live in Apartment 1234 at Lupine Dorm, Axe College!" -bad. (As a personal favor, I would appreciate if you do not publicize my username here on the Liars' Club discord/stream!)

No size-0 text or encrypted messages that can't be read by a human browsing through Cassandra.

No out of game promises.

No deleting posts. If you edit a post, do it within the first few minutes and explain why (ie, to fix a typo). If you edit a post with a vote in it, the vote will not count.

Do not discuss the game with any other players while the game is in progress, except in thread/Cassandra. Do not spoil the game if you are dead.

If you have questions, ask!

Zwang's rules:

If you wouldn't do it in a game where you don't know the other players, think twice before doing it here. Behavior implying some players should be held to different rules than others, and excessive emotional volatility, are strongly discouraged. We are all competitive, intense people; don't use your competitive spirit as an excuse to be corrosive.

I do not want to delete chats. If you wouldn't share it with the Cassandra community at large, please don't post it in chat.

Play for your team to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
cvb2009
Vanderscamp

2 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2094507

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are interested in learning more about Liars' Club: Twitch and Discord links. I participated in the first regular season!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls