Subject: Best guess for MSRP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trukk Treadwell
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mb
I'm very excited for this game but with so few KS exclusives I'm leaning towards picking this up at retail.(I have plenty of games still in their shrink wrap that can be played during 6 month exclusive window) What's your best guess for Barrage's MSRP when it comes out in retail? The KS campaign page is saying 80 euros ($89.91 US dollars) for the core and 30 euros ($33.72)for the expansion. A $120.00 for both seems like a stretch. I'm hoping $50-$60 for the core, $25 for the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$12.84 whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I was doing the same math in my head today as well.

I think $55-60 is about right which is actually around the same price as the KS so really you are just backing for getting it faster I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Truk wrote:
I'm very excited for this game but with so few KS exclusives I'm leaning towards picking this up at retail.(I have plenty of games still in their shrink wrap that can be played during 6 month exclusive window) What's your best guess for Barrage's MSRP when it comes out in retail? The KS campaign page is saying 80 euros ($89.91 US dollars) for the core and 30 euros ($33.72)for the expansion. A $120.00 for both seems like a stretch. I'm hoping $50-$60 for the core, $25 for the expansion.

With all the heavy cardboard stock in the game (3mm thick) and quite a few wooden components, it'll be closer to A feast for Odin which you can have for USD90 online (AFfO has only 2mm cardboard asfaik; and the Barrage box is 20mm deeper, 4.92 vs 5.51 inches).

I fully understand that it's bizarre that every pledge helps to upgrade the retail version, which we will all play in the end, when compared to other KS campaigns. However, if everyone waits for retail, we'll all play with cubes instead of customized pieces.

There is a lot inside the box that I doubt you'll be able to get it for $50-60 within the first year after it's release. But, who knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trukk Treadwell
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks BeloW06, that type of info helps. If MSRP is close to KS price I’m more than happy to back just for the peace of mind I’ll find a copy. I missed Container’s KS but decided to buy right when it hit retail. Now it’s out of stock on Minature Market and I’m glad I didn’t wait for it’s price to drop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if CMON brings Barrage over to the US (like they have with all or most other Cranio games) then you’re looking at a maximum discount of 20% due to CMON’s MAPP. So if the MSRP is $89.99 then the lowest you’ll see the game for at retail is about $72.

At that point I’d rather just back the game to get it 6 months earlier and help unlock stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Schippers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Sell price whould be around € 80 and € 30

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delia Volpi
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a lot of games too, not still wrapped, but to be played yes...or played only one time. The time is always limited.
This is why I have waited for a long time to do the pledge for Barrage...
But the game looks really good and complete. At the retailers this one, I think, will be more expensive. There is a lot of wood stuff inside, a lot of heavy cardboard..a lot of materials in general.
However from my limited kickstarter experience, I noticed that the prices at the retailers are more or the same than in the kickstarters+shipping costs.
Perhaps, if one waits for some years, the prices will go down. Basically they go down when a lot of new games come out. That is my impression and that is my experience in EU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I look at it is kickstart this if you want the game, but I think it's just not US friendly.

Everyone seems to forget the additional 13/17 euros to ship the game.
Unless you really want that 3d board or metal coins (which I do, but not sold on) you're basically investing extra money in receiving the product early. Not a bad thing. That said, in this day of cult of the new, who knows what games will come out between now and then if you wait for retail.

Heck I'm still waiting on this year's hot games that I backed (nemesis, gugong, cerebria,Teotihuacan). If you don't get it now my guess is it won't be in stores till Q1 of 2020 and by then how many other games will be out that are as good or better (no offense to the designers of barrage I think the game is amazing from what I've seen. I just know how this industry has worked as of late)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Voldemort
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
The way I look at it is kickstart this if you want the game, but I think it's just not US friendly.

Unless you really want that 3d board or metal coins (which I do, but not sold on) you're basically investing extra money in receiving the product early. Not a bad thing. That said, in this day of cult of the new, who knows what games will come out between now and then if you wait for retail.

Heck I'm still waiting on this year's hot games that I backed (nemesis, gugong, cerebria,Teotihuacan). If you don't get it now my guess is it won't be in stores till Q1 of 2020 and by then how many other games will be out that are as good or better (no offense to the designers of barrage I think the game is amazing from what I've seen. I just know how this industry has worked as of late)?

I'm very annoy about gudong as the shipment is not even in the US yet so im curious how cranio is going to ensure us the "6 months" thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kikiquynh23 wrote:
shieldwolf wrote:

I'm very annoy about gudong as the shipment is not even in the US yet so im curious how cranio is going to ensure us the "6 months" thing

I mean more power to them if they pull it off, but I just don't see it happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
kikiquynh23 wrote:
shieldwolf wrote:

I mean more power to them if they pull it off, but I just don't see it happening.

As it takes longer to ship games to certain countries, there's a possibility that it'll release in Europe before it becomes available in the US. If they take that into considerations (make it 6 months after backers received their games in a certain country), then their retail promise for your country stands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
kikiquynh23 wrote:
shieldwolf wrote:

Well, they promised they would:
Patrick wrote:
Can we get clarification on the retail release? Under “Our Mission” section of the campaign it reads, “Retail Version will hit the market only from Essen 2019!” Does that mean retail versions of Barrage will only be available to purchase at Essen 2019 or starting at Essen 2019 Barrage will be available to purchase from other retailers like Miniature Market, CoolStuffInc, or Amazon? Thanks

Cranio Creations wrote:

It was meant to be from those dates!

6 months from the last shipping ca.

On another note, in the final 90 minutes, after reaching the up to then final SG, they added a set of KS exclusive game play SG, the one @ €425k got unlocked (1 new executive officer tile, base game?), the other one was out of reach @ €450k (another executive officer tile, base game?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
They got me at the very end. I backed with 15 seconds remaining and got my core box pledged. Total with shipping is $80. I figure if the box really is the size of Feast for Odin with similar amount of components sounds like it'll retail for higher than $60.

That automa mode looks too promising for me to pass this one up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the projected retail of $90 sounds in line with other games. Off hand, Scythe seems like a reasonable analogue in terms of box contents. There are a lot of component similarities, such as dual-layer player boards, meeple customization, resource customization, etc. On the whole, I'd say Barrage has a bit more expensive component set, and is published more recently, so $90 to Scythe's $80 seems in line.

Assuming the game gets a sizable print run, I'd expect Barrage to be available in OLGS for $65-75.

If the expansion weighs in at, say, $30-35 retail, then OLGS pricing will likely be in the mid $20s.

Just guesswork, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.